Elias or Elliot?

My husb and I are trying to decide on a name. We’re looking for an E name (to match my other son), and our surname begins with a C and is two syllables. I like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] because it’s such a soft yet masculine name and my husband brought up [name_u]Elias[/name_u] as his family is half Jewish and thought would be a nice way to pay homage, but we’re undecided. I like both names and don’t think we can go wrong with either.

(We’re also open to any other E name suggestions! I’ve looked through just a few and am open for more!)

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_u]Elias[/name_u]! Both [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] are great names, but I’ve always really loved [name_u]Elias[/name_u]. It has the same soft yet masculine feel as [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], plus it honors your husband’s family.

Seeing as you both like [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], I don’t think you need more names. But, here are some similar ones:
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_u]Eli[/name_u]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
[name_u]Emlyn[/name_u]
[name_m]Eaton[/name_m]
Emory / Emery
Ellery

I prefer [name_u]Elias[/name_u], but either name will be great!

I vote for [name_u]Elias[/name_u], but like you said, you can’t go wrong with either. I also like the suggestion of [name_u]Ezra[/name_u].

I really like the name [name_u]Elias[/name_u]! It’s a great name, both names are, but I slightly prefer [name_u]Elias[/name_u].

I think I prefer [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] personally but both names are so lovely! Worst case, take those names in the hospital room with you and decide when you see him! Or if your other son is old enough maybe ask for his opinion, that could be really cute!

Elias

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] but that’s because I tie meaning to TS [name_u]Eliot[/name_u]. As you say, they are both great names. I personally prefer softer names for boys and so would favor [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], but I also attach a lot of importance to meaning and so if your husband feels [name_u]Elias[/name_u] has more attachment then I think that would be cool too. I realize I am not helping :slight_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] vote is for [name_u]Elliot[/name_u].

Although I love both, I prefer [name_u]Elias[/name_u]!

I love [name_u]Elias[/name_u]!

But I just feel to mention though that siblings sharing an initial can be annoying in the future, mixing up mail and getting mixed up on school rolls etc! I’ve seen it happen a lot.

I like both! Personally prefer [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], but either works :slightly_smiling_face:

I definitely prefer [name_u]Elias[/name_u]!! x both are lovely though :))

You really can’t go wrong with either!

I love the sounds and look of [name_u]Elias[/name_u] :slight_smile:

Elias! Both are great, but [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] might have more spelling issues since it could be [name_u]Eliot[/name_u], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], or [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]

1 Like

I generally prefer [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] but I like that [name_u]Elias[/name_u] has some traditional meaning to the family homeage so I am swayed to [name_u]Elias[/name_u]