Elisabeth Nickname Question...

I am aware of the numerous, pretty, and even unique nicknames/ variants of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I only liked [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] at first b/c it is a classic and pretty, I love the TH ending, and the many nn options. Then I realized I love [name_u]Seth[/name_u] as a nn option for it, but would obviously use the S version, [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f].
What do you all think of [name_u]Seth[/name_u] as a nickname option for [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]?

I find [name_u]Seth[/name_u] really masculine- I’ve never even heard of it on a girl. I think it’s fine as a nickname for [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], which is so obviously feminine, but be prepared that she may choose to go by [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] (and not use [name_u]Seth[/name_u]) one day. Then again, I’d say that’s a given with any nickname.

Good response. I also like the idea of a longer name because it will give him or her options as they age. :slight_smile:

I generally judge whether I like a NN or not by saying it out loud a bunch of times and seeing if it sounds alright. I think [name_u]Seth[/name_u] is a very masculine NN. It’s so abrupt and so traditionally a boy’s name, that I couldn’t imagine a girl being called this.

I don’t like [name_u]Seth[/name_u] at all for a girl.

[name_u]Seth[/name_u] is all boy. I really dislike it for a girl.