Elisabeth or Elizabeth?

Hi! I need to honor two very special people in my life: [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], & someone with the middle name [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (I don’t like their fn). I know [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] is a diminutive of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] so I’m wondering which spelling to go for in the USA? It’s PROBABLY gonna be a middle name. Is it just up to my personal preference? I feel like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] would honor better but I prefer the spelling of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I don’t know. Am I overthinking it?

I think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is the perfect solution to honor both.

3 Likes

I normally don’t like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], but I definitely see the potential for honoring both these people! I really like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] for this situation!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] more, but in this case I prefer [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. It honors both people better.

1 Like

I think either would work fine as an honour for [name_u]Lisa[/name_u]. I personally prefer [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] might also make it a little more clear that you’re honouring both of them.

1 Like

Elisabeth makes it clear you’re honoring both, but I would stick with the spelling you prefer. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my mn and I love it - the traditional spelling is so easy to live with as you can imagine. Plus the z has always made this traditional name feel a bit more pizzazzy. :blush: I’m sure [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] would be honored (even with one letter off) to know you’ve chosen to recognize her in this way.

1 Like

Elisabeth would be better to honor both! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Elisabeth seems the best way to honour both

1 Like

I think both work as honour names, though I prefer the soft look of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f].

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] over [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] for a first name, it has more spunk + less spelling corrections. But as a MN [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is perfect to honour both people.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] better, but it sounds like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] works to honor both people.

1 Like

I agree with everyone, [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is probably the better honour option :slightly_smiling_face:

But if you definitely prefer [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], it’s totally fine and still works if you use that spelling.

1 Like