Elisabeth, Theodora...

See the results of this poll: Elisabeth --> Theodora

Respondents: 42 (This poll is closed)

• Elisabeth : 7 (17%)
  • Theodora : 22 (52%)
  • Margaret : 4 (10%)
  • Georgia : 5 (12%)
  • Louisa: 4 (10%)

Easy win for [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] for me.

I dislike the s in [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] intensely, though I am fond of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]/[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] but prefer most of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]'s international variations to [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] itself.

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]'s lovely.

A nickname for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] could be [name_u]Ari[/name_u].

I voted for [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], but if I could have voted for both [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] I would have. I love [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] (though I prefer [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]) and the associations with it more and would be more likely to use it myself. I’d be more excited to meet a [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] though because it’s much rarer. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are lovely, elegant, strong but lithe and graceful names (imagine a bird’s wings).

I voted for [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], but I think that [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] sound nicely together, too. I think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is a little too plain almost next to [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]. Same with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] wouldn’t be bad, but I’ve never been a fan of the name. Also, if you went with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], then you would have a subtle theme of place names going on.

Live [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] best! [name_f]Greta[/name_f] is my fav [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nick name!

I think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] sounds the best as a sister to [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is my favorite, and I think it fits with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] the most but they are all very pretty names. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] has so many nicknames! [name_f]Margie[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Madge[/name_f], [name_f]Mette[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Marnie[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f], [name_f]Peg[/name_f], [name_f]Peggy[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], [name_f]Megan[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]Meta[/name_f]. Nicknames for [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] include [name_f]Dora[/name_f], [name_f]Theda[/name_f], [name_f]Thora[/name_f], [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_f]Tea[/name_f] and you can reverse it for [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] which has nicknames [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_f]Dot[/name_f], [name_f]Dottie[/name_f], [name_f]Dora[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_u]Dory[/name_u], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f].

Since [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] are both place names, I would eliminate that choice. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] has a regal beauty so I think these names would be lovely for her sister.

1 [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
2 [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
3 [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

Honrable Mention: [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]

[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Greta[/name_f] or [name_f]Margo/name_f are my favorites.

I didn’t see that [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] was sis… I actually like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] too!

I voted for [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], but [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] “[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]” is lovely as well. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are very unusual and striking compared to an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] variation.