Elise Betony

I’ve been struggling to come up with a middle name for [name]Elise[/name] that would also be a nod to my grandmother who’s name is [name]Betty[/name]. I know that both [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Betty[/name] are diminuitives of [name]Elizabeth[/name], but the connection still doesn’t feel strong enough. Her middle name is [name]Lou[/name], and that and other forms like [name]Louise[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] don’t work with [name]Elise[/name] either (too rhyme-y).

I just came across Betony ([name]BET[/name]-nee). An added bonus is that my grandpa is [name]Anthony[/name], so it combines the two.

What do you think of [name]Elise[/name] Betony? My only other options are [name]Elise[/name] [name]Louella[/name] and [name]Elise[/name] [name]Petunia[/name] (a flower that reminds me of my grandma’s house).

I love sweet [name]Elise[/name]. When I saw Betony on your post, I thought it was a creative spelling of [name]Bethany[/name]. Upon reading your explanation, I think it would be a great way to honor two people who meant a great deal to you. BTW - I think [name]Elise[/name] [name]Petunia[/name] is stunning!

Thanks!

Betony is a type of plant. [name]Elise[/name] [name]Petunia[/name] is rather fun. It’s my 4 year old’s favorite. She tells everyone “her” baby will be named [name]Elise[/name] [name]Petunia[/name]. It’s darling hearing her say it. I’m not sure SO will go for it, so I’ve been digging around for other ideas. [name]Elise[/name] Betony feels like a winner even if the flow isn’t as perfect.

Oh, I adore [name]Elise[/name] Betony! And the family tie makes it perfect. I’ve long loved the idea of three-syllable, ends-in-y middles for girls - from [name]Dorothy[/name] to [name]Romilly[/name] and everything in between. Nothing against [name]Louella[/name] or [name]Petunia[/name], but [name]Elise[/name] Betony just seems like The One!

I like [name]Elise[/name] [name]Betty[/name]

I’m not crazy about Betony, but it reminded me of [name]Bethany[/name] too, which I do like with [name]Elise[/name]. It also looks like “be tony” to me.

[name]Elise[/name] Betony is cute! And I like how it honors two people for you. I also like [name]Elise[/name] [name]Bethany[/name] and [name]Elise[/name] [name]Petunia[/name].

Good luck!

I love the name Betony. [name]Both[/name] [name]Elise[/name] [name]Petunia[/name] and [name]Elise[/name] Betony are beautiful, but I think I prefer [name]Elise[/name] [name]Petunia[/name].

I think [name]Elise[/name] Betony is beautiful & prefer it over [name]Petunia[/name].
When I read your post, the name “[name]Eloise[/name]” popped in my head, which almost has the “[name]Lou[/name]” sound…have you considered [name]Eloise[/name] Betony?

I love Betony, and I think that it’s a perfect fit for you give your family ties. [name]Petunia[/name] is all [name]Petunia[/name] Dursley from [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] to me. [name]Elise[/name] Betony is gorgeous and by far my favorite of your options.

I love Betony, and think it’s such a usable first or middle. Great plant name, and a great way to integrate [name]Betty[/name] with [name]Anthony[/name].

I considered [name]Eloise[/name] during my last pregnancy (we had a boy). It is still on the list as [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Betty[/name]. I’m really glad [name]Elise[/name] Betony has received mostly positive feedback! I think it may be my new favorite!

I am also thinking about naming my baby [name]Elise[/name]! I love the name [name]Elise[/name] Betony and feel it flows well. I also love the fact that Betony is a combination of two people you want to honor!

[name]Elise[/name] is just so pretty! I have other names on my list ([name]Gwenyth[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Bernadette[/name], [name]Sybilla[/name]) that I really, really like and that make using a family name in the middle so much easier, but I keep coming back to [name]Elise[/name] even though I’ve struggled finding the perfect middle name.

Ahhh, [name]Elise[/name] Betony. I sure hope the SO agrees! Thanks so much ladies!