Elise, Hallie or Holly

Hi!

We can’t decide on a girls name, please help!
[name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_u]Holly[/name_u] or [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] (pronounced, H-ah-lee)?

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of these names! [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorite is [name_f]Elise[/name_f], but I really like [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] as well.

2 Likes

Holly!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I think [name_f]Elise[/name_f] may be my favorite too!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Holly[/name_u]! Thank you, i just wonder if it’s too common.

My son’s name starts with H too, so that would also be cute.

I love [name_f]Elise[/name_f]! So elegant and simple!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Hallie[/name_f]! I’d use it if my own name wasn’t [name_u]Haley[/name_u]!

1 Like

Are you in the US? It’s not popular here at all.

I’m between [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_u]Holly[/name_u]… I’d probably lean more towards [name_f]Elise[/name_f] myself, but you can’t go wrong with any of these.

1 Like

Yes I’ve heard it’s pretty common in the UK. I only know one [name_u]Holly[/name_u] in the US and she’s probably 70. I’d love to hear it more!

2 Likes

all three are adorable and totally my style so I love seeing them as your three options :heart_eyes: I think [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is the most popular and [name_u]Holly[/name_u] is somewhat the most dated (although, I still find it timeless- I do think the spelling [name_u]Halle[/name_u] is a little fresher personally) so based on my own preferences my vote goes to [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] :heart: You can’t go wrong with any of them!

1 Like

I think it depends on where you are in the US. I’ve known a few Hollys, but all would be in their 20s/30s right now, so it has definitely moved into mom-name territory. It was much more popular for babies in the '90s. The good thing about that is, yes, it is much less common on children here!

1 Like

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] is so sweet! I like [name_u]Holly[/name_u] too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f]! I know a lot of Hollys (mostly in their 30s) but I do know one baby [name_u]Holly[/name_u].

I love alliteration so if you have a son with an H name I would sway that way. [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] is adorable and underused in my opinion.

Elise is beautiful, timeless and very regal sounding. I understand way it’s a hard choice.

1 Like

Elise is my favorite with [name_f]Hallie[/name_f] as a close second.

1 Like

Lovely choices! I really like [name_f]Hallie[/name_f]

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Elise[/name_f]! Elegant yet unexpected :two_hearts:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Elise[/name_f]! :slight_smile: It’s elegant, stylish and still feels fresh. Also seems like it might work the best internationally.

1 Like

I adore the name [name_u]Holly[/name_u]!

2 Likes

Love the name [name_u]Holly[/name_u]. I think it sounds fresh again now and is a gorgeous alternative to all the other floral names that are getting used more often.

1 Like