Elise or Elsie Poll

• Elise
  • Elsie

0 voters

I prefer the sweet [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is adorable, but as a full name I prefer [name_f]Elise[/name_f].

That’s a difficult choice! I slightly prefer the sound of [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] but I voted for [name_f]Elise[/name_f] because [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] sounds more like a nickname to me. That said, that’s just my preference and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] could certainly stand as a full name!

I definitely prefer [name_f]Elise[/name_f].

Elsie is too close to [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] from Frozen, which isn’t a bad thing, but I prefer names that are less common in pop culture.

I agree. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] as a nickname is best, same goes for [name_f]Elise[/name_f] as a full name.

Elsbeth, [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], and the classic [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are good ways of getting to nn [name_f]Elsie[/name_f].

1 Like

I like [name_f]Elise[/name_f], but, when it comes to this, I have to give it to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is rather common, which isn’t a bad thing, but it makes it feel somewhat lacking, imho. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], on the other hand, is rare and simply bursting with charm and spunk!

I just find [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] too sickly sweet, I actually prefer [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] - but with the Frozen connection it’s not really usable anymore in real life, so I’d have to say [name_f]Elise[/name_f].

I voted for [name_f]Elise[/name_f] because you cand always nicknamed her [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]

Both are lovely names, but I find [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] a tad too nickname-y to be a standalone name. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] feels a little bit more sleek and classic, and I can see it aging really well. Plus, as others have mentioned, you could always use [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Elise[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]! I know a few and I think it can suit any personality.

I prefer [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], but if you were to pick [name_f]Elise[/name_f], I prefer the spelling [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]