Elise stollen, so considering new names... Suggestions & Feedback please!

I love the name [name]Elise[/name], but some friends just used it for their baby girl. :’( Soooo, I’m trying to think of names that have a similar feel. I seem to like kind of soft, girly, pretty, names, but I also like spunky names. Here are a few new ones I’m considering… What do you all think of them? And also, can you think of other names I might like?
Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

~[name]Elisa[/name] - I say ee-liss-uh, is that how you would pronounce it?
~[name]Eliza[/name] - Never used to like this, but it’s really growing on me! [name]Do[/name] you say uh-lie-za, or ee-lie-za?
~[name]Estelle[/name]
~[name]Emmeline[/name] (is it possible not to get nn [name]Emma[/name]? Other nn ideas?)
~[name]Adalaide[/name]
~[name]Lorraine[/name]

Would [name]LOVE[/name] suggestions of other names!!! :slight_smile:

I say ee-lie-za for [name]Eliza[/name] and think this is a great name. You could also use [name]Liza[/name]. For [name]Emmeline[/name], you could use [name]Emmy[/name]/[name]Emmie[/name] to not have [name]Emma[/name]. I also like [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Adalaide[/name], and and [name]Lorraine[/name] too. Here are some other possibilities that seem similar to [name]Elise[/name] or have a similar “feel”:

[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Eloisa[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Selene[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Felice[/name]

Here are my pronunciations (I’m from the UK):
[name]Elisa[/name] eh-lee-sah
[name]Eliza[/name] eh-lie-zah
Out of the two, I think I prefer [name]Elisa[/name].

[name]Emmeline[/name] could have the nn [name]Emmy[/name]?

I prefer the spelling [name]Adelaide[/name] to [name]Adalaide[/name].

Not such a fan of [name]Estelle[/name] or [name]Lorraine[/name].

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Eliette[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Eliora[/name]
[name]Elissa[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name] or [name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]

I pronounce [name]Elisa[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] the same as eskay does above me (and I’m American myself).

I like [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Elisa[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name], in that order. [name]Do[/name] not care for [name]Lorraine[/name]. [name]Adalaide[/name] is better spelled [name]Adelaide[/name], but I prefer [name]Adeline[/name].

Other ideas:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Alicia[/name]
[name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Clarice[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]

Good luck choosing! :slight_smile:

[name]Elisa[/name] - I pronounce it eh-lee-sah. It was my grandmother’s middle name, and I love it.
[name]Eliza[/name] - I prounounce it uh-lie-za. I’ve come to like it a lot.
[name]Estelle[/name] - It’s not at the top of my list, but it’s quite pretty.
[name]Emmeline[/name] - Not a big fan of this one. I think [name]Lena[/name] could work as an alternative nn.
[name]Adalaide[/name] - Nice!
[name]Lorraine[/name] - I love the name [name]Lorraine[/name]!

My favorites are [name]Lorraine[/name], [name]Elisa[/name], & [name]Eliza[/name] - in that order.

I think [name]Emma[/name] is quite an intuitive nn for [name]Emmeline[/name]. Other names that came to mind for you are [name]Elodie[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]. From your ideas I like [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]. [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Aveline[/name] might be OK for you as well?

My middle name is [name]Elissa[/name] and I pronounce it uh-liss-uh

[name]Adelle[/name] is the first name that came to my mind.

I thought of [name]Adele[/name] too as a possible nn for [name]Madeline[/name]? If you’d like to avoid [name]Maddy[/name] or [name]Addy[/name]…

I pronounce the names the same as those above

[name]Elisa[/name] - el-ee-sah
[name]Eliza[/name] - eh-lie-zah

[name]Elissa[/name] is another pretty one, quite similar - I say this as el-lis-sah
[name]Elana[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] - You could shorten to [name]Ellie[/name]?
[name]Adelaide[/name] - love this name, I would shorten this to [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Lorraine[/name] -nice, think I prefer Loraina/[name]Lorena[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name] - pretty, could shorten to [name]Essie[/name] or [name]Ettie[/name] or stella?

Belisa
[name]Ilsa[/name]
[name]El[/name]ícia

[name]Beatrice[/name] - has same ending sound, plus lots of cute nns.
[name]Melissa[/name] - sas [name]Elissa[/name] right in it, plus nn [name]Lissa[/name]/[name]Lissie[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name] - same letters as [name]Elise[/name], just in a different order. Could be a name on its own, or a nn for [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name] etc…
[name]Elisabeth[/name] nn [name]Elise[/name], [name]Elisa[/name], [name]Lisbeth[/name] etc…

From your list, I quite like [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] (which I pronounce “Elle-iza”). What about [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Elise[/name] as a combination?

I would say [name]Elisa[/name] “Eh-lissa” but would not be at all taken aback if an [name]Elisa[/name] replied, “No, it’s Eh-lee-sa,” so I think it’s ok. I pronounce [name]Eliza[/name] as some sort of “Eh-liza” that sort of slides towards “Ee-liza.” I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]–great name!!

For what it’s worth, I know only one [name]Emeline[/name] (that spelling) and she is mostly called by her full name (or just [name]Em[/name])… I think [name]Emmy[/name] or [name]Lina[/name] could work to avoid [name]Emma[/name].

[name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] are personal favorites, and I think they are close to [name]Elise[/name]. I also like [name]Esme[/name], but I worry about the Twilight connection? lol

I love [name]Eliza[/name]! I pronounce it as Ee-lie-zuh.

Suddenly tgought 'bout [name]Liesl[/name], it seems to fit all your criteria.

What about [name]Alice[/name]? sounds so similar but sucha different name.

I’d use [name]Elise[/name]. It a fairly common name, so its bound to be the name of more than one person in your life. Have you considered [name]Annelise[/name]?

[name]Annelise[/name] is a good idea. I also like [name]Elsie[/name]

Wow! You all have given me some GREAT suggestions!! Thanks so much! :slight_smile: Also, thanks for commenting on the names I already had listed. So my current long list looks like this (including the names I liked from your suggestions, and a few new ones I’ve added).

[name]Elisa[/name] (possibly [name]Elissa[/name] would make the pronunciation easier?)
[name]Eliza[/name] (I’m really starting to fall in love with this!) :slight_smile:
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Melissa[/name] (never considered this, but it does have all those sounds I like, hmmm…) wdyt?

~[name]Elisa[/name] - I say Uh-lee-suh
~[name]Eliza[/name] - I say Uh-lie-zuh…I really love this name. I think [name]Liza[/name] is pretty too.
~[name]Estelle[/name]- Very pretty, I also like [name]Estella[/name] and [name]Estrella[/name]
~[name]Emmeline[/name]- I’m not a fan, it reminds me of popular names like [name]Emmy[/name]/[name]Emma[/name]/[name]Emily[/name], but it also sounds stuffy to me.
~[name]Adalaide[/name]- I’m not that into the [name]Addy[/name] names either
~[name]Lorraine[/name]- This name is really pretty and has a kind of strong sound to it.

I think you might like:
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Loni[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Raina[/name]
[name]Rayna[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Elizabetta[/name]
[name]Lizbeth[/name]
[name]Alana[/name]