Eliza and Clara?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

So my two favorite girl’s names at the moment are [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. However, I am unsure if they “flow” together. Does the similar “a” ending bother you? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think they would work in a sibset?

Also, can you think of any boy’s names that would sound nice with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]?

Thanks,
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]

No, I think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] are lovely together - they’ve both got that pretty, vintage, and slightly offbeat charm.

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. If it does not bother you that they both end in an -a then I do not see the issue with it. I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would be a great sibset.

Boy Names that Go With [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] -
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] or [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] some of these help.

I love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] together! Very charming and pretty. (In fact, I used to know a family who had a [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and a [name_f]Julia[/name_f]–and they nearly named their third daughter [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. Maybe that’s why I like it so much. They ended up using [name_f]Anika[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f] instead, but I still think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] are lovely together!) For some reason, I think [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] would make a lovely third sibling–[name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. There’s just something about them!

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], and brother [name_u]Dean[/name_u] or [name_u]Drew[/name_u] :slight_smile:

Perfect! I have a [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is one of the other names I was considering.

I love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. I much prefer [name_u]Clare[/name_u]/[name_f]Claire[/name_f] to [name_f]Clara[/name_f], and also think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] flatter each other more than [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

I don’t like repeating ending sounds if I don’t have to. My best friend (also a huge name nerd) loves the effect of all her girls’ names ending in -a (they’re not same-y otherwise) and she has nice enough taste that I can’t bust on her, but I don’t really care for it.

Thank you for all of the suggestions everyone!

They both sound like ladies from the Civil War.

I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] together. I think their brother could be:
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and I think they’re very pretty together. I don’t think that they’re too matchy-matchy or that they sound odd together. I think they make a lovely sibset, because they’re quite similar but not in an overdoing it kind of way.

As for boys:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Moses[/name_m]