Eliza and…?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! So sorry for all the posts in the last few days. I am finding that passing time on these forums continues to relax me during this stressful time.

If you don’t mind, I’d like to explore some more names that I could pair with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. Thank you all for helping me feel confident in my choice again! You’ve probably seen most of these names before. However, I’m starting to believe that styles of the names necessarily have to match I love vintage spunk, as you know! But who says a classic name and a fun, spunky name don’t work together? I know that’s not everyone’s style, and I’m not convinced yet that I will do it.

I’m going to list a few different types of names that I’ve considered using with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]: spunky vintage, gender-neutral, and wildcards/guilty pleasures that I would actually use. Please offer any thoughts, good and bad, suggestions for other names, or the imagery these names give you!

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + vintage spunk:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Ivy[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + gender-neutral:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Greer[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Rori[/name_u] (I like this better than the hard-to-pronounce ending of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not sure about the spelling or whether I can use it since we have a family friend with this name (m.). I usually don’t care about changing spellings, but prefer a more feminine spelling for this because I only like it for a little girl.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] I would also only use these for a girl, but don’t know which one I feel is a better fit, since the meanings are the same and I love both for different reasons!
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Stevie[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Peyton[/name_u]

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + wildcards:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] *top contender *
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Story[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Coco[/name_u]

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!

:butterfly::white_heart:

I’ll be honest, my immediate thought for you is [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]!

I know her and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] to be your top names, and I think they’re delightful together. Are they stylistically the same? Nope. But are they your loves, and is that the most important thing? Yes! I think loving a name is so much more meaningful and exciting than picking one for cohesion. To love something is special and sacred, and I think a name love is just that!

Plus, there are some beautiful ties between [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] that make them so bright for sisters to me. For one, they both share [name_u]Christian[/name_u] significance (not sure if this is significant to you, but it’s a sweet tie!) in meaning and importance. They are storybook-ish and feel like little characters. They have gorgeous nicknames! [name_f]Lizzy[/name_f] and [name_f]Susie[/name_f]? [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]? [name_f]El[/name_f] and [name_u]Sun[/name_u]? [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]? They’re all so great.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! From your list my favorite “complementary” names are [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f].
But I love a mismatched set, so I’ll also say [name_u]Lennon[/name_u], [name_u]Drew[/name_u], [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] :yellow_heart:, [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], [name_u]Story[/name_u] and [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]. I think if it’s mismatched enough, they end up going together somehow :sweat_smile: especially the more kiddos you have!

1 Like

Directly put, I love Eliza with all the vintage spunk options. I don’t like it as much with the gender neutral names esp Reese, Lennon, Drew, Peyton and Rory. Of all those listed, maybe Frankie, Sutton or Dylan and possibly Delaney as they somehow balance and complement the name, while the others seem to take away from it (in my mind) and I’d also find it a bit rough as the kid who has a masculine name (gender neutral mostly actually masc) with sister Eliza. I agree that a mismatch can be fun but I also think a little equity among sibs is important. Of the wildcards, Sunday for sure! (Don’t mind Coco and Gigi too but Sunday the standout. Story too far from Eliza for me, better as a middle I think.) :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] your stressful time comes to an end soon :white_heart:

Looking at your list I immediately was drawn to [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]! Honestly I completely associate [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] with you and I think she’s the perfect sister name for [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. They make such a beautiful, bright sibling set with strong summery imagery. Completely gorgeous set of names!

1 Like

@snowmaiden Thank you so much!! The [name_u]Christian[/name_u] tie between the names is very important to me, as my faith is one of the most important pieces of my life. It’s also something that was heavily informed by my grandma, who [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] honors. I think that makes it even sweeter. :face_holding_back_tears: Thank you so much for alleviating some of my hesitation with [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. I love it, and I don’t think that will change! The more I think about it, the happier it makes me, and the more I think I might regret not using it. [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] as a subset is :heart_eyes:!! Let alone [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] with the subtle connection! I kept trying to convince myself that [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] wasn’t for me because the majority of my family prefers traditional names. But I don’t necessarily have to follow that. As someone here reminded me on one of my [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] + [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] threads, people will love her for who she is, not her name.

Thank you again!

:butterfly::blossom:

1 Like

STILL VOTING FOR MY FAVOURITE- SUNDAY :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Other than sunday , i would do Ada,Ivy ,and delaney.

Since you botb love eliza and sunday, why not use them as siblings

1 Like

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] would be my third pick, too! [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] are really fun all together :smiling_face: I love them all for you - three utter beauties!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] works well with all your vintage options but the best matches for me are [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] all feel a bit too similar (just to help narrow it down – all three would ultimately still be lovely!)

Of the gender neutral options, I like [name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Greer[/name_u], and [name_u]Drew[/name_u] best. I think all three lean into the sort of Old Hollywood gender neutral subset which works well with vintage [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. I would avoid [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] because, as boy names, those are traditional vintage nicknames like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] so I would assume a parent of an [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would have used them for a boy. Like I would expect the [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] of “Eliza and Charlie” to be a boy much more than I would the [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] of an “Ella and Charlie.”

Of the wildcards, I share the berries’ love of [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], [name_u]Coco[/name_u] and [name_u]Story[/name_u] also all work well in my opinion.

1 Like

@bemiranda Thank you so much! I absolutely love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], + [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]! Ironically enough, if I were going to the gender-neutral route, (with the exception of Eliza) my other choice would probably be [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], and [name_u]Lennon[/name_u].

Thank you again!

:blossom::yellow_heart:

1 Like

@EloiseT Thank you so much! I completely understand where you are coming from. You make some very important points, and I agree that equity where names are concerned within a subset is a huge factor to think about. It is something I had not considered in this way until you pointed it out, so thank you!

I appreciate the vote of confidence for [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]! Thank you again!

:sunflower::butterfly:

1 Like

@Babynamequeen029 I absolutely love your excitement over [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], thank you so much! You have definitely helped me to be less afraid of actually using it. I think they are so sweet together!

Thank you again!

:blossom::yellow_heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] - these are wonderful together - charming, glamourous and sparky

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] - elegant and sleek with kick too

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Greta[/name_f] - sharp and strong, punchy names

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Romy[/name_u] - more unexpected, but I love it - fresh and sparky with a hint of vintage too

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Ada[/name_f] - gently regal, lovely together

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] - I think the V and Z sounds together

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Anna[/name_f] - maybe a tiny bit [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f], but I think that’s just me. They do work

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - sharp, sleek and sassy - these match really well

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Reese[/name_u] - I think these are pretty sweet together - both have that spark and sass

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Greer[/name_u] - while [name_u]Greer[/name_u] isn’t my fave, I think these two work - they have a sort of American vibe

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Rori[/name_u] - I can easily see these two together

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Leighton[/name_u] - hm, not sure on these. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_u]Peyton[/name_u], yes, [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_u]Leighton[/name_u] isn’t working for me though

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] - kind of modern and glam

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] - I would assume this was brother and sister

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] - same as above

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] - love this - sassy and cool together

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] - these both feel very :heartbeat: :sparkling_heart: :ribbon: together

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] - these work - love [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]! I do think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_u]Laney[/name_u] would be a slightly better fit, but either way, they work

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] - cute and punchy

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Drew[/name_u] - I can see these two working, together they have a sweet yet rugged vibe

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] - wonderful!!

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] - yay, I’m glad [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] was here after all. I love these two together :slight_smile: sort of glam and sweet

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] - you’ve sold me on this one :heart:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Story[/name_u] - cute and sort of magical

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] - could work, I like how they sound together, but I do think something like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] ‘Gigi’ or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] ‘Gigi’ would work slightly better

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] + [name_u]Coco[/name_u] - pretty cute and stylish

2 Likes

@tori101 I take that as a huge compliment, thank you so much! I see girls and women named [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] as spunky, confident, fun-loving, and strong, but also very gentle and kind. That’s what I want to raise my children to be. Part of why that’s important to me is because I started out confident in myself, but I lost it as I grew up. Slowly gaining my spunk back. I don’t want my children to have to regain their confidence. (Easier said than done, I know!)

Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean more than you know!

:blossom::yellow_heart::butterfly:

1 Like

@Greyblue Thank you so much! I really appreciate the thorough feedback. I didn’t think of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] that way, but you’re absolutely right—it is way too Frozen! I also agree that [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] works best as a nickname.
It makes me happy that I have sold you on liking [name_f]Sunday[/name_f], and that we both like [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]!

Thank you again!

:butterfly:🩵

1 Like

@QuirkFlower Thank you so much! I am thinking that [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] works better than [name_f]Ada[/name_f] as well, and agree that [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] feel too similar. I really appreciate your take on [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] with [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] or [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], as I didn’t think of it that way. And I LOVE seeing how much we are all loving [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] !

Thank you again!

:blossom::yellow_heart::butterfly:

@snowmaiden They are so sweet and fun, and I love them together so much! I think they are the perfect set, and I’m pretty sure I’ve loved [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] even longer than [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. (Because I hadn’t thought to shorten [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] in honor of my beautiful grandma until recently.)

I really love the [name_u]Christian[/name_u] tie between [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] that you mentioned. And even though [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is classic like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], it shares the -y with [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]. And I just think they all have so much spunk, so they work well together I think!

Thank you again!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::yellow_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Saw[/name_m] your post and just wanted to share that the first thought was [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and Cosima:)

1 Like

@Moonlit Thank you so much! These are so cute together! I really appreciate your suggestion. It’s so cool and sweet, I just don’t know if I’m brave enough to pull it off!

Thank you again!

:blossom::bouquet:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I also like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite would be [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] though!

1 Like