Eliza Jane, too close with Mary-Elizabeth?

Over the past two days I have fallen in love with the name [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (and I think it sounds nice with my other girls’ names). My only concern is i have a 5 year old names [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name]… our other girls are: [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name].

what are your thoughts?? [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? Would you use it if you had a [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name]??? though [name]Eliza[/name] is a form of [name]Elizabeth[/name], it sounds so completely different to me…maybe that’s just me??

If [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] goes by [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], I would avoid [name]Eliza[/name]. My name is [name]Elizabeth[/name], and I identify with the name [name]Eliza[/name] just as much as any other nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name].

If you and everyone else call [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] that then it’s a no go. If it’s usually shortened to [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] is more like a middle name then maybe.

I love the name but I have to agree I think it is too close to [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] especially if she is usually called [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and not just [name]Mary[/name].

Yes, she is called [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name].

I was looking on the main web site and came across [name]Aliza[/name]… what about that one? I love the meaning “joyful” and the fact that it is a completely seperate name than [name]Elizabeth[/name], but still with the [name]Eliza[/name] feel… [name]Aliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name]??? Thoughts???

In my opinion, it is still too close. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Aliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name] are lovely names,but you already have a [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (which is also lovely).

I agree that [name]Aliza[/name] is also too close. [name]How[/name] about the following [name]Jane[/name] combos?

[name]Layla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Alma[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lindsey[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Laura[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lacey[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Polly[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]