Eliza Lily Thoughts/Feelings/Issues

Hello! Standard ‘not pregnant, just thinking’ message goes here.

Recently I’ve really liked the combo [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is my 2nd top girls pick (behind [name_f]Alice[/name_f]) and [name_f]Lilies[/name_f] are my favourite flower/likely to be in my wedding bouquet. Since our top combo for a girl is [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], I liked the idea of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f], both with flowers that hold importance to us.

BUT.

Our surname is/will be [name_f]Haylee[/name_f] (not this spelling).

Does [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Haylee[/name_f] work well enough? Or should I let go of it because it [name_f]Lily[/name_f] just doesn’t quite work with [name_f]Haylee[/name_f]/that’s a lot of ‘L’ in one name?

Thoughts and opinions we welcome!

It is as lot of L in the name and I’ve known Elizabeths with the nn [name_f]Lily[/name_f] so it feels a little repetitive to me. But [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is meaningful to you so I think that can all be overlooked. Thinking it over and saying it over a few times, it’s sounds are growing on me

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Susan[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Susanne[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] came to mind as alternatives but i guess it depends if you feel meaning trumps flow

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is gorgeous and I think it’s fine with surname. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is perfect with surname, and I don’t mind a bit of quirkiness with the middle and surname being a bit similar - it gives character.

If you love it, then go for it but how about [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilian[/name_f]? Same meaning but better overall flow.

I think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Haylee[/name_f] works well enough imo, and the meaning I feel is more significant than flow.

When I actually say it out loud it really doesn’t sound that bad! Definitely usable.
Though like another poster said, you could use another [name_f]Lil[/name_f]- name.
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lilou[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lilium[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lilias[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Lilliet
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Lillevi

Is there any other flower that you love or holds importance?

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] [name_f]Hayley[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] [name_f]Hayley[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Hayley[/name_f]

However I agree if its of that much meaning, then go for it

I think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is spunky and sweet! And I definitely think it sounds fine with the surname – wouldn’t worry about it a moment longer. :slight_smile:

I’m actually a little bit in love with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Liliet! Thank you everyone for the feedback!

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Liliet is super sweet and helps solve the flow issue! I would suggest Liliette as a spelling, it’s more consistent with names like [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] etc. and looks a bit more complete to my eyes.

It doesn’t matter too much how the middle sounds either your surname so if you really love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] you should stick with it.
I totally get it, I’m very particular about how names sound together and the repetitive sound of [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Haylee[/name_f] would probably bug me, but since it’s not the first name it will seldom come up at all.

I do like the meaning behind it, and of course go with it if you love it since middles are hardly used, but “[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Haylee[/name_f]” would be a bit too much for me personally. Here are some other options relating to lilies.
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Araluen[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lilou[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lilium[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Martagon
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Lis
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] Lilwen

I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and it’s great it has special meaning too you! I don’t think you have too worry about the combination with your last name