Eliza or Florence?

Hey, we need some help in naming our new baby girl who has just arrived! We can’t decide between [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_u]Florence[/name_u].

Nicknames would be [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Florrie[/name_f]. One will be first name and one will be middle name as we really like both names.

We have an 18 month old daughter already called [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].

Help and thoughts please :hugs:

4 Likes

Huge congratulations and welcome to your baby girl!

I adore all of these names! I’d personally go for Florence nn Florrie. One of my all time faves, an absolute classic, and such a great pair to Mabel!

3 Likes

congratulations!

i’m Florence all the way! i love it so much and with the nn Florrie, it’s a bonus! Florence & amabel are such sweet sisters too

I think [name_u]Florence[/name_u] shares the gentle, vintage charm of [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. They would sound darling as sisters!

Florence!! Such an under-appreciated name

1 Like

I like [name_u]Florence[/name_u] best!

I personally prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], but I think [name_u]Florence[/name_u] goes better with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] (and is also a lovely name) :slight_smile:

Both are very nice but I definitely prefer [name_u]Florence[/name_u]. I have a friend who named her daughter an uncommon name but uses Ellie/Elle as a nickname, and she’s been a little overwhelmed by how many kids there are who also have [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a nickname. [name_u]Florence[/name_u] is fresher and more unique, and is just generally a beautiful classic name that I’d love to see make a comeback.

[name_u]Florence[/name_u] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] are such a dreamy set!!

I’d choose the elegant and historical [name_u]Florence[/name_u]! It goes beautifully with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Florrie[/name_f] is the most adorable nickname. [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is simply gorgeous :heart:

I also really like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and its spunk but all Elizabeth-names just feel a bit overused to me. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and Ella-related names aro also very popular these days.

Congratulations :heart:

I ADORE [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! It gives me historic, smart, sparky vibes. And [name_f]Elle[/name_f] is such a sweet nickname!! I’m clearly in the minority, but [name_u]Florence[/name_u] still sounds very old to my American ears. (I do think it’s pretty if I think about it enough, though.)

[name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is beautiful! And it goes so well with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. Congratulations!

love [name_u]Florence[/name_u] with Mabel!!

Both would work and are nice, but not quite my style. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] is a better combo than [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], in my opinion.

Thanks everyone, only thing putting me off is the potential use of the nick name [name_f]Flo[/name_f] which we both really don’t like. [name_u]Wonder[/name_u] how much that would get used as she gets older :woman_shrugging:t3:

[name_u]Florence[/name_u] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] :two_hearts: :sob:

[name_u]Florence[/name_u]! I also love Mabel!!

I usually prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], but [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_u]Florence[/name_u] are just so sweet together! :heartpulse:

I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] more. She sounds so sweet with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f].

If you do decide to use [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], I would not use [name_f]Elle[/name_f] as a nickname. I personally don’t like the repetition of the EL sound when they are said together.
MabEL and ELle.

I would rather use [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] or [name_f]Liza[/name_f].
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] or
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Liza[/name_f] make a cute sister pair.

1 Like