Elizabella

What do you think of the name [name]Elizabella[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you have any middle name suggestions?

[name]Elizabella[/name]…Well, I’ve never seen it before, and it unfortunately seems like an invented combo of [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name], and looks and sounds pretty awkward to me. :frowning: It sounds like a name given to a little girl whose parents couldn’t decided between [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]. Hmm…

Would you consider [name]Eliza[/name] as a first name and [name]Belle[/name] for a middle name? [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Belle[/name]?

If you’re looking for a unique -ella name, what about [name]Arabella[/name]?

If you’re going to use [name]Elizabella[/name], I’d stick with a short middle name:
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

To be perfectly honest, [name]Elizabella[/name] reminds me of some kind of swamp monster. I think it’s because of the combination of “liz” (think lizard) and the Godzilla-esque ending. Weird, I know.

I’d just pick either [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Isabella[/name] and call it a day. And I vote for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. :slight_smile:

But here’s some less contrived-sounding “-bel” or “-bella” names: [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Annabella[/name], [name]Mirabel[/name], [name]Mirabella[/name], [name]Clarabel[/name], [name]Clarabella[/name], Rosabel, Rosabella. And, like [name]Jill[/name] said, there’s always [name]Arabella[/name].

Would you ever leave her name [name]Elizabeth[/name] and just call her [name]Bella[/name]? No change needed and she will thank you for all the great nickname options as well as a classic lovely name she can be proud of into adulthood.

I would name her [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Lizzie[/name] or [name]Liza[/name]. Too bad [name]Beth[/name] isn’t in style. I love [name]Beth[/name].

[name]Emma[/name], haha, “swamp monster”, that cracked me up!

Honestly I think it’s kind of cute. I’d prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name], though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Elisabetta[/name] or [name]Elizabetta[/name]? Those are similar, but they’re real names.

[name]Elizabella[/name] is actually in the book, Cool names for babies by [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name], thats probably where she got it so she did not make it up.

~[name]Bree[/name]

It’s on the list on this site for ancient names (that aren’t actually invented recently) but the entry calls it an “awkward hybrid.”

I think it does look crammed like all fads collide, illustrates a tragic indecision of sorts. When I saw it, I thought of writing a modern fable called “[name]Elizabella[/name] the Bridezilla.”

One of my little sister’s friends’ name is Elisabelle. The extra “a” at the end makes it even more girly, if that is what you like. I think a non-“a” ending middle name would work best.