Elizabeth Autumn or Autumn Elizabeth?

For our baby girl we are definitely picking one or the other but are having trouble deciding between [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] or [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is such a classic, lovely name and we would probably call her [name]Elsie[/name] as a child. [name]Autumn[/name] is so beautiful as well and the season is significant to us for many reasons. Is [name]Autumn[/name] too hippie? Does anyone have any opinions about this? I would love some reactions to these names that are not from my [name]MIL[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I like both but I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] is beautiful. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] would also be beautiful :smiley:

congrats!

If she’s due in [name]Autumn[/name] I think it’s an ok first name, but otherwise not. I prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name].

If you think it might be a little hippie, it just might be, as you are questioning and not embracing the imagery, which is why I think it’s better in the middle. There’s sort of an anything goes rule for the middle name, which is often the place parents plant a name of some significance that might not fly out in front.

I personally prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name], too, because I love that it’s timeless and classic! (I love your [name]Elsie[/name] nickname, too!)
:slight_smile:

Good luck!

I think both combos are beautiful and personally don’t think [name]Autumn[/name] is too hippie-esque at all. Then again, I’m a little bit of a hippie so I may not be the right person to make that call! :slight_smile: My personal preference --when it comes to the flow of the name-- would be [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

If you have any qualms with [name]Autumn[/name] and/or plan on calling her [name]Elsie[/name] anyway (so cute, by the way!) I would go with [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name].

It’s a win-win situation really! :slight_smile:

I like the flow of [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] much much better, tho I suppose it depends on your last name.

[name]Autumn[/name] is resistant to nicknames, whereas [name]Elizabeth[/name] abounds with them – is this important to you?

[name]Autumn[/name] is my cousin’s name - I don’t find it hippy at all.

Thanks so much for the input! :slight_smile:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] is very pretty! And I love the [name]Elsie[/name] nickname. I love mant of the nicknames for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Lately I have been loving [name]Betta[/name]! Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I agree with the other posters that [name]Autumn[/name] doesn’t seem hippie at all…and I like the flow of [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] much better. I think that [name]Autumn[/name] is a fairly well-established, mainstream name at this point. [name]Love[/name] it…

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is just a bit too “boring” to me. There are other classic names that are more original to me. [name]Autumn[/name] isn’t necessarily a classic, but it is beautiful. And, if it holds extra meaning for you, all the better!

However, the previous posters bring up a good point about [name]Autumn[/name] being nickname resistant versus [name]Elizabeth[/name] having tons of options. Also, is [name]Elizabeth[/name] a family name at all?

I love both name choices. If I was picking I would choose [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] but, that is just me. Good luck with whatever you choose!

[name]Autumn[/name] isn’t too hippy, and it isn’t overused (at least not here), but my vote is going to have to be for [name]Elizabeth[/name] - it is suited to every situation (because while [name]Autumn[/name] is lovely and not too hippy, I still can’t imagine a high-flying lawyer named [name]Autumn[/name]).
I generally like the flow of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] better, and there are many more possibilities for nicknames. If she wants, she can always use [name]Autumn[/name] as her fn even if you put it as her mn, anyway.

I am partial to [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] because we have [name]Autumn[/name] picked out as our girl name. :slight_smile: I don’t think it’s hippy at all. I’ve always loved it!

And I agree with the previous comment about nicknames. We hate nicknames, so that’s one reason we like [name]Autumn[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is pretty, but very common and as stated earlier, abounds with possible nicknames of all kinds.

I would choose [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] because I just love the name [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My favorite nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name] is [name]Liza[/name]. But [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is very pretty, too! I think [name]Autumn[/name] could be hippie depending on where you live in the country. Names like [name]Autumn[/name] do very well on the [name]West[/name] Coast but probably in New [name]England[/name], [name]Autumn[/name] would sound kind of hippie.
As a Californian, I like to rebel, so I go for proper names that perhaps would go over well in Cambridge, MA such as [name]Peter[/name], [name]Laura[/name], [name]Philip[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], etc. Of course lately I’ve been interacting on Nameberry a lot so that is changing my taste. If I weren’t a rebellious Californian, I would like names like [name]Jasmine[/name] and [name]Noah[/name].
I guess you have to decide if you want to fit in with your region of the country or the world or rebel against its style.

I pick [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name].

as a whole i like autumn elizabeth better…but i do think that elsie is very cute!! i would have to agree with the previous posters suggestion of eliza autumn! i think thats beautiful!

I really don’t think you could go wrong with either one! [name]Both[/name] are very beautiful, classy names. I do love the endless nickname opportunities that come hand-in-hand with [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I very slightly prefer [name]Autumn[/name]. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

I like [name]Autumn[/name] as the first name. It’s very pretty. As for the nicknames, you can’t make a “name” nickname out of [name]Autumn[/name] but there are so many nickname possibilities for you children… our daughter’s name has no nicknames but we call her Junebug because she was born in [name]June[/name].

My name is [name]Autumn[/name] and I personally [name]LOVE[/name] my name… yes, it was hard growing up with a sister close in age being named [name]Summer[/name], but we both love how unique our names are. I think [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] flows much better than [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Autumn[/name], not to mention there are tons of [name]Liz[/name], [name]Lizzy[/name], etc but how many [name]Autumn[/name]'s do you honestly hear? Plus, look at all these [name]Autumn[/name]'s who love their name, too! http://www.babyhold.com/list/American_Baby_Names/[name]Autumn[/name]/details/

I would go for [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I really love the name [name]Elizabeth[/name], it’s gorgeous, but it is very common. I think [name]Autumn[/name] is really beautiful too, and I’ve only ever known of one in real life… I can’t begin to count how many [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s I’ve known! I also personally prefer the flow of [name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] a lot more. [name]Both[/name] names are fantastic, you can’t lose!