elizabeth, elisabeth, or elsbeth, etc

“[name]Mae[/name] [name]Beth[/name]” is a cute nick name however I agree with several others that [name]May[/name] [name]Beth[/name] looks much better when written and eliminates the similarity with [name]Mac[/name] [name]Beth[/name]. I do like [name]Elspeth[/name] as a more original variation on [name]Elisabeth[/name]: you could do [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]May[/name] and still call her by your chosen nn. And [name]Elspeth[/name] would definitely still honor your Grandmother [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Otherwise I like [name]May[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] best.
Good luck!

I love the sound of [name]Mae[/name] [name]Beth[/name]. I don’t think it is like Macbeth, even though that isn’t a horrible connection to have. As someone else suggested, she may even prefer to write out her full middle name so it may not be a problem. As for the spelling of the middle name, my favorite is [name]Elisabeth[/name]. It still obviously comes from your grandmother’s name but gives it a newer and softer feel. I love your name choice!