Eliza's sister needs a name-quick!!

What do you think sounds better with sibling [name]Eliza[/name]: [name]Norah[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name] or [name]Cora[/name]?

[name]Do[/name] you think people will have difficulty pronouncing and spelling [name]Anneliese[/name]? Is this how you would spell?

Thanks.

Definitely prefer [name]Anneliese[/name]! And, yes, that is how I would spell it!

You have an [name]Eliza[/name]? I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]!!! I can better see [name]Norah[/name] with [name]Eliza[/name], but I do love [name]Anneliese[/name], too. ([name]Norah[/name] just seems more like [name]Eliza[/name]'s style to me, and the ending of [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Eliese[/name], is really close to [name]Eliza[/name] to me.)

([name]Edit[/name]: I just discovered that [name]Elise[/name]/[name]Eliese[/name] is a form of [name]Elizabeth[/name], just like [name]Eliza[/name]…)

Some people pronounce [name]Anneliese[/name] as “Ahn-uh–[name]LEE[/name]-zuh,” but I guess it depends on who’s saying it and where you live.

[name]Annelise[/name] is another way of spelling the name…

(I pronounce both as ann-uh-leese, but I believe that [name]Anneliese[/name] is technically pronounced the ahn-uh-[name]LEE[/name]-zuh way.)

I love [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Norah[/name] together! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name]Edit[/name]: I missed [name]Cora[/name] earlier, and [name]LOVE[/name] it with [name]Eliza[/name]! :slight_smile: [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] are two of my favorite names! :slight_smile:

I feel like [name]Anneliese[/name] contains a form of [name]Eliza[/name]/[name]Elizabeth[/name]… But it is a beautiful name! I think I like [name]Nora[/name] (I like this spelling better) or [name]Cora[/name].

[name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Cora[/name]/[name]Nora[/name]…[name]Both[/name] are lovely!

Oh my gosh! I totally missed [name]Cora[/name] in your poll! I’m voting for [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Cora[/name], with [name]Norah[/name]/[name]Nora[/name] in a close second. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

We are on the same page… posting at the same time :slight_smile:

You have an [name]Eliza[/name]? I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]!!! I can better see [name]Norah[/name] with [name]Eliza[/name], but I do love [name]Anneliese[/name], too. ([name]Norah[/name] just seems more like [name]Eliza[/name]'s style to me, and the ending of [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Eliese[/name], is really close to [name]Eliza[/name] to me.

Some people pronounce [name]Anneliese[/name] as “Ahn-uh–[name]LEE[/name]-zuh,” but I guess it depends on who’s saying it and where you live.

(I pronounce both as ann-uh-leese, but I belive that [name]Anneliese[/name] is technically pronounced the the [name]LEE[/name]-zuh way.)

Good luck![/quote]

You have an [name]Eliza[/name]? I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]!!! I can better see [name]Norah[/name] with [name]Eliza[/name], but I do love [name]Anneliese[/name], too. ([name]Norah[/name] just seems more like [name]Eliza[/name]'s style to me, and the ending of [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Eliese[/name], is really close to [name]Eliza[/name] to me.

(I pronounce both as ann-uh-leese, but I belive that [name]Anneliese[/name] is technically pronounced the the [name]LEE[/name]-zuh way.)

Good luck![/quote][/quote]

Ha! We posted at the same time! If I hadn’t read your post, I would have missed [name]Cora[/name]! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]!!

(E, I thought of you when I was reading about [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Eleanora[/name] earlier…) :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

[name]Anneliese[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] are both forms of [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I think that one’s definitely out. [name]Nora[/name] (spelled that way only) and [name]Cora[/name] are both very pretty names, but stylistically, [name]Cora[/name] fits very well with [name]Eliza[/name]. [name]Nora[/name] is a tiny bit more popular/trendy, and [name]Cora[/name] is an underused classic.

Good luck![/quote][/quote]

Ha! We posted at the same time! If I hadn’t read your post, I would have missed [name]Cora[/name]! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]!!

(E, I thought of you when I was reading [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Eleanora[/name] earlier…) :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :-)[/quote]

Ahh! I know! I love both those names together!!

And [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] are so cute together!

I adore both [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Norah[/name] with [name]Eliza[/name]! I’m with you, though, that [name]Norah[/name] should be spelled with the H at the end. I feel like it is incomplete without it, for some reason. Completely personal preference!

Good luck!

Agreed completely personal preference. Doesn’t change the name :slight_smile:

I am really loving [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Cora[/name]!

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

my vote is for [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Cora[/name]…

From your list, I would vote for [name]Cora[/name], but I could better see [name]Eliza[/name] with [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Lucille[/name].

I like [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Norah[/name] the best. Good luck!

Definitely [name]Norah[/name]! [name]Anneliese[/name] is pretty, but too close to [name]Eliza[/name].

Thanks to all who shared opinions. I think [name]Anneliese[/name] is out, but we were on the fence with it anyway. I had no idea it was a variant of [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Now to decide between [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Norah[/name]…

“Some people pronounce [name]Anneliese[/name] as “Ahn-uh–[name]LEE[/name]-zuh,” but I guess it depends on who’s saying it and where you live.”

That’s the [name]German[/name] pronunciation. In [name]German[/name], final E is never silent. EI is said as long I; IE as long E.

I love this name. I know that in Germany, it’s regarded as an old lady name.

But because I say it the [name]German[/name] way, I wouldn’t consider using it with [name]Eliza[/name].

I definitely think that [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Nora[/name] go best with [name]Eliza[/name]. They are both very cute names and go well, so just pick the one you like best, since they are too close to eachother to use both eventually.
Good luck.

One vote for [name]Cora[/name]! :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I think people would have a lot of trouble spelling [name]Anneliese[/name], I had to C&P the name b/c I couldn’t remember how you spelled it. I kind of like [name]Nora[/name]…but here are some more suggestions:
[name]Amara[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Jaden[/name]