Ella? Elliot? Elinor?

[name]Elliot[/name] without a doubt! And that spelling :slight_smile:

I won’t lie I love [name]Elliot[/name] on a boy (and know a bbay boy with the name) but it’s definitely easy for me to imagine it on a girl too. And I agree with you that it sounds far more feminine than [name]Ellis[/name] which also sounds masculine to me. And like you said, if unisex names aren’t generally your style then if you’re going to use one then it should be your grandfather’s actual name and not a similar name - I think that’s the best way to honour him and it sounds as though he would have loved it. :slight_smile: I’m very sorry for your loss but it’s so wonderful that you get to keep his memory alive through your baby girls name.

It seems that you’re probably going to pick the [name]Eliot[/name] spelling but I thought I’d still make my case for [name]Elliot[/name]! Lol.

1. To me [name]Eliot[/name] looks incomplete and not quite like a name. [name]Elliot[/name] seems more balanced out on paper and also more feminine to me actually because of the double L which seems “frillier” to me. If anything, [name]Eliot[/name] seems more streamlined and masculine.

2. [name]Elliot[/name] is how your grandfather spelt it and I also think if you’re honouring a name, it’s best to spell it the same way as the person you’re honouring unless there’s a really good reason not to.

Another alternative spelling which does seem more feminine to me is [name]Elliott[/name] - https://nameberry.com/babyname/girl/[name]Elliott[/name] nameberry agrees and does also say that it is a legitimate spelling and not creative!

I’m not sure about [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] though and especially [name]Eliot[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] which looks really strange to me I’m not sure why, too much I’s and O’s I think! And [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] together seems a bit of a mouthful to me.

Some other suggestions:

[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Summer[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]Margot[/name]

Best of luck!!

[name]Love[/name] it!

I vote for the [name]Elliott[/name] spelling. It’s definitely the most feminine, and makes it obvious that it’s a girl. I think that the [name]Eliot[/name] spelling does too, but something about [name]Elliott[/name] looks even more feminine.
I love [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]!

I really hope you go with it!
Good luck,
[name]Casey[/name]