Ella for Eliza?

Me again!

Still have no idea what this little Beanie’s gender is so I’m continuing on my girls name search in the meantime!

I was wondering if you could feasibly get the nickname ‘[name]Ella[/name]’ for [name]Eliza[/name]? I don’t like [name]Liza[/name]. I don’t mind [name]Eli[/name] but it’s masculine. So would [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Elle[/name] work?

I’m also struggling with a middle name for [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Zoe[/name], [name]Anya[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name]. They’re my top four contenders (but I’m open and welcome new suggestions). Could anyone help with middle names? You can use the names in my signature or new ones, I don’t mind! I’d just really appreciate some more help.

Surname sounds like Stonez (it ends in z)

:slight_smile:

I think [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Elle[/name] and also [name]Ellie[/name] could work as a nn for [name]Eliza[/name]. I agree with you on [name]Eli[/name] it’s too masculine.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Definitely. I’m not a fan of nicknames [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name] for [name]Eliza[/name]. I think [name]Ella[/name] is a really good option!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]

[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Clare[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Coraline[/name]

[name]Anya[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Anya[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Anya[/name] [name]Selene[/name]
[name]Anya[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]

[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Arianne[/name]

I think [name]Ella[/name] could easily be a nn for [name]Eliza[/name].

Why oh why would you give the completely perfect [name]Eliza[/name] a nickname?! I dont get it. If you are going to call the child [name]Ella[/name], then just name her [name]Ella[/name]. I personally would pick [name]Eliza[/name] and call her…[name]ELIZA[/name]!!

If you’re looking for a fun, playful nickname, you could give [name]Eliza[/name] a middle name that starts with B and call her [name]Zibby[/name]. (When you say “[name]Eliza[/name] B” out loud, the last part of her name sounds like [name]Zibby[/name].) [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Bea[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Belle[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. We have an [name]Eliza[/name] and mostly just call her [name]Eliza[/name]! Sometimes, though, we call her [name]Zibby[/name], Lizie [name]Lou[/name], [name]Lu[/name] [name]Lu[/name] [name]Bell[/name]. Their nicknames often develop on their own from family members & friends.

Ohhh so many good middle names! Thank you all so much! I love [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Coralie[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] is beautiful! Quite a few others I like too.

boyandgirl - I can totally understand people not wanting to use nicknames :slight_smile: But I’ve always loved them. I’m a [name]Jessica[/name] and being a [name]Jess[/name]/[name]Jessi[/name]/[name]Jay[/name]/[name]Jessa[/name] has always been nice for me. I think it’s nice to have a nickname or something that’s a little less formal.

waitingfortwins - What an adorable idea!! [name]Zibby[/name] is soooo cute. I think I may start referring to bump as [name]Zibby[/name] anyway :wink:

I have to say, I agree with boyandgirl on this one. [name]Eliza[/name] is a gorgeous, historic, distinctive yet stylish name, above #200, while [name]Ella[/name] is #12 and rising. While [name]Ella[/name] can be an adorable name, there are so many girls named [name]Ella[/name], [name]Ellie[/name] etc that it’s kind of like starting with a designer gown and then taking off every detail that makes it special so that you end up with a little black dress. Not that there’s anything wrong with a little black dress but…

At first I was like “Why does she like [name]Eliza[/name] and NOT [name]Liza[/name]?” But I realized that I like [name]Eloise[/name] and not [name]Louise[/name], so I guess I get it.

I think [name]Ella[/name]/[name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name] can work if you really want.