Ella or Mia?

We’re down to two names! Thank you for all of your help and suggestions!

To help us finally choose one, let us know what you HONESTLY think of these names. If you don’t like either, feel free to suggest some that you think we might like. We like sweet, feminine names. DH does not like old fashioned names.

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Mia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

Which one should we choose and why?

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Let’s See, according to Nameberry [name]Mia[/name] means “Mine; Bitter” ,while [name]Ella[/name] means “all, completely; fairy maiden”. Based on that , [name]Ella[/name] gets my vote. I like the meaning of [name]Ella[/name] the best and I think that [name]Ella[/name] best fits the description for a sweet and feminine name.

If I had to choose between the two, I’d say [name]Ella[/name]. I’m sure I must be missing something because I don’t understand the appeal of [name]Mia[/name], yet it is very popular. If you want additional suggestions, I do think [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Natalie[/name], and [name]Ava[/name] are examples of sweet, feminine, not old fashioned names, while being more distinctive and substantial. You’ve probably considered these already though. Go with the name you love best!

I have no real basis for this but I’d say [name]Ella[/name]. For some reason [name]Ella[/name] sounds more classic to me than [name]Mia[/name], which sounds a bit trendy.

Thank you for the opinions! :slight_smile:

That’s a great point about the meaning!

[name]Ella[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Ella[/name]!

[name]Mia[/name] is nice and sweet and simple and charming, and I think it’s a great name, but it always feels like it’s missing something to me. [name]Ella[/name] is sweet, vintage, feels complete, I just adore it. If [name]Isabelle[/name] nn [name]Bella[/name] wasn’t my top choice for a girl, I’m sure just [name]Ella[/name] would be on my list. As it is, [name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Ella[/name] is (although I could never use [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] together!). I just love [name]Ella[/name], and [name]Ella[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is so sweet.

Good luck!

My vote is for [name]Ella[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]!

I think they are both sweet… [name]Ella[/name] is more popular that [name]Mia[/name]… at least where I am… I know several little Ellas and no Mias. I am not big on nn’s for first names, I know [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] can stand alone but to me they feel more like nns… I would choose a more formal first name to have them as the nn… [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name] or something along those lines could work for [name]Ella[/name] and for me, [name]Amelia[/name] nn [name]Mia[/name] is on my list.

Anyways out of your two I would choose [name]Mia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]… just less common in my area.

The [name]Ella[/name] I know is an extroverted, happy, intelligent blonde with charisma, the [name]Mia[/name] I know is a sweet ladylike girl who is very intelligent.

I think I would choose [name]Ella[/name] over [name]Mia[/name] but I do love [name]Amelia[/name] so I may go for [name]Mia[/name] if that mother calls her [name]Amelia[/name].

rollo

Between [name]Ella[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], I choose [name]Mia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] as it sounds better. However, if it’s just first name I would choose [name]Ella[/name].

I love [name]Ella[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]! [name]Mia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is cute, but [name]Ella[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is graceful and sweet.

Thank you, everyone! All of your opinions are extremely helpful! :slight_smile:

[name]Mia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. [name]Ella[/name] just feels incomplete to me, I vastly prefer [name]Ellen[/name], I don’t know, there’s just something about [name]Ella[/name] that I’m not keen on. Maybe because it feels like a cross between the (was) hugely popular [name]Ellie[/name] and the (now) hugely popular [name]Bella[/name], while [name]Mia[/name] is a bit different, short and sweet and flows better with Carloline too.

I really like both [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Ella[/name], but I think with [name]Caroline[/name] as the middle name I prefer [name]Mia[/name]. :slight_smile:

I just don’t love the me in [name]Mia[/name] so I choose [name]Ella[/name]. [name]Ella[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is gorgeous!