Ellie Brooklyn

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

Wanted to get some thoughts on the name [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] (last name with 2 syllables).

Any and all thoughts welcome! The first name I loved and my partner was a fan of the middle name (as a first name), so we thought of having it as the middle name.

I’m a big fan of having a middle name with a bit more family meaning, but also love this idea, was just looking for other thoughts.

I think it’s cute :slight_smile: Putting one name in the middle is a great way for both of you to get the name you love. I see nothing wrong with [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a name on its own but personally I would choose a longer name with nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] so she could have something more formal if she wanted to. Either way it’s a cute name.
Some names with nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]:

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]

I think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] are both great names and like @whatchamcallit said, it’s a great way to have both names you love. I love the suggestions made for a longer version of [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], especially [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u].

However, I just wanting to quickly give my thoughts on the flow of [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]. Whilst I think overall it works fine, I think it could be slightly better. I think there are three ways you could make it better…

1. [name_m]Add[/name_m] an extra syllable to [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] to break the two-two pattern.

This is where the suggestions from @whatchamacallit! [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] would probably be my favourite combo. What about…

[name_f]Ellia[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]

2. Take away a syllable from [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

The only one syllable name I can think of that will give you the nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is [name_f]Elle[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] looks and sounds great! Very classy but still down to earth.

3. [name_m]Add[/name_m] an extra sound.

So what I mean by this is you can still have a two syllable first name with [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] but you can add an extra sound to it to make it a bit more dense (for lack of a better word!). What about [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]? Something about this combo seems perfect and I think despite have a two-two pattern again, the extra ‘s’ sound has the same effect of adding a syllable!

So I hope this was helpful! [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] is still very pretty so I definitely think it’s still usable!! Good luck!!

I think it works beautifully. What a great name! I used to think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] needed a full name but I have met so many “just Ellies” that I changed my mind. I think it stands alone well, like [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Sally[/name_f], etc.

I like the combo and agree it’s very cute. I actually like [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] as a name here, which is rare for me.

However, I think you’d be better off with [name_f]Elle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]/[name_f]Elena[/name_f]/etc. for two reasons:
-in my opinion, a 3 two syllable names doesn’t flow as well as a more varied combo
-I have a “cutesy” “nickname” name and as an adult I wish I had something a little more serious to fall back on

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I think that [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is sweet. It’s friendly & down to earth. I don’t really love [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] myself, but it sounds fine in the mn spot. I’m with some of the other posters in thinking that [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is maybe better as a nn. Lots of great full names for [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] though!

[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]

[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]

[name_f]Elora[/name_f]

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]

[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]

[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]

[name_f]Elena[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] has a nice simplicity -versatile and sweet

[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] is sweet! I think [name_f]Elle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] would offer her something more versatile though :slight_smile:

[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] is adorable!! [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] is on our list too, and we’d have [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] if it wasn’t already used in my family!

I know a majority probably prefer [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a nickname for something, but I think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] on its own is my favourite, simple and sweet!

I really like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] it’s cute! I know tons of just [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’s it’s a popular choice where I’m from. Personally I prefer [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a nickname but again [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] definitely works as a name in her own right. If you are agreeing with me and think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] could work as a middle name here are some suggestions…
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’
But if you prefer just [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] go for it the name definitely works on its own! Regarding having a family name you could have two middles have [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] as well as a family name. I think [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] ___ [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] could definitely work.
Good luck : )