Elliott Reese, welcome to the world

Elliott [name_u]Reese[/name_u] made an early entrance into the world on [name_u]November[/name_u] 25th, a week and a half early. He is beautiful and healthy and we couldn’t be more grateful.

Deciding on the name [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u] was a journey. For whatever reason thought I was having a girl. When I found out I was having a boy, I really had to go back to the drawing board and rework my name lists.

My husband did not want to discuss names until we finished all genetic testing so while I was busy working on a list, hubby didn’t provide much input.

When we finally discussed names, my husband was super impressed with my list. He thought I got it off a blog or something. I was like, no I came up with these combinations. Husband didn’t add any names to the list, instead just evaluated the names I had come up with. He vetoed a lot of names such as [name_u]Lionel[/name_u], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_m]Dermot[/name_m], [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_m]Callister[/name_m], [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_u]Cody[/name_u], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], Heston, [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and even [name_u]Elias[/name_u].

Yet, he really liked [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]. The list we ended up keeping was [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u], [name_m]Brantley[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u], [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u], and [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] [name_u]Callahan[/name_u].

After thinking these names over, we had a top three that made it to the final cut: [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u] and [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] [name_u]Asher[/name_u]. It took us quite awhile to eliminate further but we ultimately decided thst while we love [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u], it’s just too popular right now. So that left us down to [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u] and [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_u]Austin[/name_u].

This was a very hard decision. One day I would like [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] more and other days I would like [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] more. [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] had family significance and I loved the meaning - one who tends to horses - because I got vibes of someone with a sensitive nature. However, I wasn’t fully sold on the combination with [name_u]Austin[/name_u] as a middle name, yet couldn’t come up with anything better. I really did like [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] [name_m]Breccan[/name_m] but husband vetoed and sister in law made a rude comment that upset me.

There was just something about [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u] that stuck with me. It seems so versatile- like this baby can grow up to be whoever he wants to be and the name would fit. It also felt sophisticated and while I have heard its a vintage comeback name, I have never met another [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and no one I have talked to has either so it feels fresh. I considered the fact that its being used as a girl’s name too but considering I have never met anyone named [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and the girl name thing seems a bit trendy as [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] has historically been a masculine name, I felt good about it.

I also felt [name_u]Reese[/name_u] just paired super well. I had no second guessing like I had with [name_u]Austin[/name_u]. I considered all the spellings: [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_u]Reece[/name_u] and [name_u]Reese[/name_u]. I appreciated the authencity of [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] as the Welsh version but something just looks really off for me about it. I prefer an angelized spelling in this case, so then I debated between [name_u]Reese[/name_u] and [name_u]Reece[/name_u]. Some said [name_u]Reece[/name_u] was more masculine but something didn’t feel right. I decided to just go with [name_u]Reese[/name_u] - the spelling I like.

Ultimately, husband got to make the final decision between [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and he chose [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]. I did have days where I second guessed it but now that he is born and with us, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] feels right. He doesn’t seem like a [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] at all. He is definitely [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and I couldn’t be happier about his name. Thank you to all the berries and this community for all the discussion about his name and others over the last few months!

43 Likes

Congratulations! Such a handsome name for such a sweet little boy! :white_heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations! I love the name [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], and it seems to really suit him! He’s so sweet!

2 Likes

He’s so precious and has a perfect name! Congratulations!!

2 Likes

Aww, he’s beautiful! His name suits him perfectly. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations! He is a gorgeous boy with a gorgeous name.

3 Likes

What a sweetie! I remember seeing your posts as you were deciding on your sweet boy’s name. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] final choice, congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! He has a lovely name!

1 Like

Congratulations! He’s adorable and has an awesome name :blush:

1 Like

Aww, congratulations! [name_u]Love[/name_u] his name, he’s so cute.

1 Like

Aww, such a beautiful little boy! Congratulations and welcome [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]!

1 Like

Congratulations! He has an amazing name and is absolutely adorable, too!

1 Like

Congratulations! He and his name are adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congrats! He is so cute and his name suits him perfectly! :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! I’ve been following your naming journey and I love the name you chose. It totally suits him, too :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations! :partying_face::partying_face:

Elliot [name_u]Reese[/name_u] is very soft and handsome great choice. He is so cute as well.

1 Like

Aww congratulations! His name is handsome and he is :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada:
I have so enjoyed following your naming journey and I’m happy to see that you chose the one you felt most right with, [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Reese[/name_u]. A lovely name for an adorable baby boy :heart:

1 Like

Awww, he’s adorable! Congrats!

1 Like

Oh, he is precious. I love his name.

1 Like