Ellison or Sloane? Baby coming this week!

See the results of this poll: Ellison or Sloane?

Respondents: 54 (This poll is closed)

• Ellison : 26 (48%)
  • Sloane: 28 (52%)

I like [name]Sloane[/name] best with [name]Campbell[/name].

I like the combo [name]Ellison[/name] [name]Lena[/name] a lot, but the way the the “ell” sound is featured in both [name]Campbell[/name] and [name]Ellison[/name] makes them a little clashy, not concordant, to my ears. [name]Campbell[/name] and [name]Sloane[/name] are fab together; [name]Sloane[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] is lovely! [name]Sloane[/name] [name]Elena[/name] might honor [name]Lena[/name], too…

I think [name]Cambell[/name] and Carrigan are a great match. Especially because your last name starts with a ‘C’, and well, both names are just fantastic!

I like [name]Sloane[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though you are going for unisex, I don’t like names on girls that end in “son.”

I like [name]Sloane[/name] best, and [name]Sloane[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] is really pretty.

[name]Ellison[/name] is so similar to [name]Allison[/name], I think they would be easily confused. There are also so many [name]El[/name]- names out there–[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], and so on–[name]Ellison[/name] just sort of blends in with the crowd. [name]Sloane[/name] is more of a standout choice.

I like [name]Sloane[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] a lot. I find that both [name]Ellison[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] and [name]Ellison[/name] [name]Lena[/name] sound too much alike. I don’t really like Carrigan or [name]Keaton[/name]. If you’re open to some other options for the last name-inspired names, I really love [name]Delaney[/name]- I think it goes nicely with [name]Emilia[/name]. I also like [name]Reese[/name]. However, these names lean more toward girly, and you seem to like more unisex-type names.

[name]Reese[/name] was my top pick! Unfortunately, my husband had a [name]Reese[/name] in class that caused him to never, never name a child that. :frowning: We have friends whose last name is [name]Delaney[/name] too.

[name]Ellison[/name] [name]Lena[/name].

I think [name]Campbell[/name] and [name]Ellison[/name] are the best match.

I also like [name]Ellison[/name] with [name]Campbell[/name] together! Good luck! :slight_smile:

Two other unisex last name-names I like are [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Carter[/name] being my preferred one. I know someone who’s got a toddler called [name]Anderson[/name] and they nicknamed her [name]Andie[/name], which I think is a pretty cute nickname. [name]Carter[/name] I’ve always liked. But these ones are on the other end of the spectrum of [name]Reese[/name] and [name]Delaney[/name]- they’re very boyish (maybe a bit more like [name]Campbell[/name] and your other names?)

[name]Reese[/name] for me as well! Another couple I also like are [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Anderson[/name] ([name]Andie[/name] for a nickname) although these ones are more boyish than [name]Reese[/name] and [name]Delaney[/name]. Lots of options!

Thanks for the ideas everyone. She was born Thursday, [name]May[/name] 3rd and we came up with a new name at the last minute: [name]Connelly[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]. 7lbs 13 oz, 20 inches. Thanks!

Congratulations! I like [name]Connelly[/name] better than the other names you were considering.