Elody...?

Hello,

Someone suggest [name]Elody[/name] to me, but i like to know your opinion on it…I mean is it french or greek? or do you think is too cute? Popularity? anything? Help Needed please!

Thanks a million…!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] (spelled this way)! It’s French (from Greek), and means “marsh flower.” I think it’s elegant and cheerful, and I can see it on both a little girl and a sophisticated woman.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Elodie[/name] is a beautiful French name. I would definitely use this spelling, since [name]Elody[/name] sounds (and is) very made up… I love the name [name]Elodie[/name], though.

Thanks [name]Jill[/name] and irisrose…

I also like [name]Elodie[/name] (spell this way better)

By the way i dont get it how is it french from greek name?

If I understand correctly, it’s the French version of a Greek name, much like [name]Eleanor[/name] is the French version of the Greek [name]Helen[/name].

Then again, other sites are saying it’s purely Greek. Hmm…I did find that it’s the French form of Alodia, but Alodia apparently isn’t Greek!

I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help, and probably confused you even more! :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Elodie[/name]. I don’t know its origins but I think it looks and sounds beautiful. It is not very common but I think everyone would know how to pronounce and spell it. It is feminine but not overly frilly, cute nn [name]Ellie[/name] if desired, sounds very elegant but still playful.

I think it is pretty. The first thing i think of with that spelling is [name]Melody[/name] which is also pretty!

I love the name [name]Elodie[/name]!