Eloise or Madeleine

Which name do you prefer - [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] or [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] ( pronounced [name_m]Len[/name_m] or lyn at the end)
I’m looking for an elegant but upbeat sounding name for our little girl :smiley:
Please give reasons why for which one you prefer.
Thanks

I like them both but I like [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] a little more. To me it’s a very classy, elegant name.

I prefer [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (with the -len ending). [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] would probably stand out more, and I like that, but I dislike the wheeze sound.

I prefer [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. She seems sophisticated, but fun with nicknames like [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Leni[/name_f] etc.

I prefer [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], mostly because I like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] much more than [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] as a nickname.

They’re both so gorgeous! What about [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] as a first name, and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] as a middle?

I adore both [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. I slightly prefer [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]…at least at this moment. :smiley:

I like them both a lot but prefer [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] feels sweet, frilly and upbeat to me and I consider it more vintage, trendy. I love it more on a little girl than a grown woman, but I like it for both. [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] feels strong, elegant and upbeat, and I consider it more of a classic. I love it on both a little girl and woman. It’s a name I never stop loving.

Both are beautiful. I personally love [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] more, but I think [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is maybe a bit more upbeat.

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is spunky and is [name_f]Nancy[/name_f] [name_u]Drew[/name_u]'s independent aunt’s name.

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is a classic beauty but if I never meet another [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] I will be thrilled.

I love them both! I have to confess I prefer the -line ending, but your spelling of [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is my favourite.

So my preferences would be:
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (-line ending)
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (-len ending)

But they’re all 10/10!

I prefer [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] because I like it and dislike [name_u]Eloise[/name_u].

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u], I find [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (well the nickname [name_f]Maddie[/name_f]) a bit dated.

I like both, but I prefer [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (Mad-uh-line, bc properly in [name_m]German[/name_m] ei makes the long i sound…).

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] love [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. Especially that spelling. I like [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] but I don’t love it. [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] feels more chic and Parisian.

I love [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] the most but it’s an honour name for me, my favourite if I put the honour part aside is [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. I prefer mad-uh-lyn.

Oh, they’re so closely tied for me. As you can see, they’re both on my signature, even with the same spelling for [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], so choosing would be hard. I think I would have to go with [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], because it’s longer and has more nickname potential :slight_smile:

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u] by a landslide. It’s unique and beautiful; [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is a dime a dozen.

I prefer [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] because of its timelessness, and the nickname “[name_f]Maddie[/name_f].” Also, I have positive association because [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] was my childhood best friend’s name. :slight_smile: