Eloise vs Eliza 🩰 (and more)

I love both [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] but for obvious reasons they’d be too close for sisters, [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] was an original favourite whilst [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] was one that grew on me (Eliza still sounds better in both languages I speak whilst [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] not so much in one) - I think the combos I created made me fall in love with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (Eloise [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] “Elou” or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] “Lizzy”) :cherry_blossom:. Another problem with my list is that I love both [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] “Emmy” and [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] “Zella” (but probably [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] more) :cherries:however [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] goes better with most of my top 5 names (since [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] feels too similar to the ones from above whichever one I decide on - and doesn’t go with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] “Tilly” or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] “Coco” however it does go better with some of my other combos [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] “Mimi” and [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] “Lena”) :sun_with_face:. Which one is better in each of these occasions :womans_hat:?

my favorites for you… :sunflower:

eliza violet ~ this is just so spunky and sweet, and has a punchy flow. plus, as a teacher, i meet so many eloise’s. eliza is refreshing!

hazel emilia ~ first of all, how cool is zella? second, i think hazel fits far better with some of your other lovely choices, while emilia fits with the middle names you opt for!

hope this helps! :brown_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for your opinions, I definitely was leaning more towards your suggestion for cohesiveness whilst trying to stay away from popular names - the only thing that puts me off [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is that it seems to be growing in popularity (I don’t know any but that could also be because I don’t interact with young people).

1 Like

i understand that! if popularity is important to you, i will say i have only ever met one little hazel at the school i work at, i do however, know two emilia’s and one amelia. it’s a lovely name regardless- and you can never truly avoid your child sharing their name with a classmate- even if it’s rare! additionally, zella would really help her stand out :smiling_face:

1 Like

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] :heart: It feels like a very you name, more international and works with a lot of your faves. It’s got a bit more spark for me, as lovely as [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is.

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal preference is [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] - more distinctive and charming - and I find the flow easier. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is nice too, but I’m put off by [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] being so similar. I guess you could keep both on the list, and go between them depending on the sibset?

1 Like