Eloise

So hubby and I both really like [name]Eloise[/name], my great grandmother who passed away almost two years ago was [name]Lois[/name] [name]Mae[/name], we are not crazy about [name]Lois[/name] so we were thinking of using [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Mae[/name] in her honor; however our dd#1 is named [name]Lola[/name] after her great grandmother so we are worried for two reasons

1. [name]Lola[/name] is often used as a nn for [name]Eloise[/name], although we would use [name]Elle[/name] as a nn
  2. [name]Denise[/name] [name]Richards[/name] has a [name]Lola[/name] as well as an [name]Eloise[/name]

Can we still use [name]Eloise[/name]? If not [name]Eloise[/name] we will probably use [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Mae[/name], also a family name…
Thanks ahead of time!

I wouldn’t think twice about either of those reasons. It’s a great way to honor your grandmother, and I don’t think many/anyone will jump to [name]Lola[/name] if you introduce her as [name]Eloise[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name].

As for the celebrity names, people tend to remember those for a few months, and then the next celeb has a baby. I think you’re fine :slight_smile:

There will always be coincidences. I would not let a minor thing like that deter you from using a family name. You could use [name]Eloise[/name] and call her [name]Ellie[/name], and that would be lovely. I do not think that they are too close. However, if those issues are nagging at you, [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] could be a nice compromise. In my opinion you have two gorgeous names to choose between, so you cannot choose wrong, either name is a winner! :wink:

You can still use [name]Eloise[/name] though I would much prefer she be called by her full name than become yet another [name]Ellie[/name]. [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is a darling name and still a family name so that gets my vote.

Oh perfect thanks for calming my fears!! I adore both names but was worried I wouldn’t be able to use [name]Eloise[/name] with [name]Lola[/name] . Thanks again

I like [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Lola[/name]. My grandmother is named [name]Eloise[/name] and I never knew [name]Lola[/name] could be a nn for it, she always went by her full name (and by Granny [name]Eloise[/name]).

I’m really growing to like [name]Eloise[/name]! I did notice the whole [name]Lola[/name]-[name]Eloise[/name] thing but if she goes by [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ellie[/name]/[name]Ella[/name], I don’t think it’s a problem. I wouldn’t worry about [name]Denise[/name] [name]Richards[/name] (well, I would, in my case, if I already had a [name]Lola[/name], since my ln is [name]Richards[/name], too, lol, but I’m guessing you do not have this problem…)–I didn’t even know she had kids, haha. But I’m sort of out of the Hollywood loop. I don’t think that’s really a deal breaker.

Haha so funny no out last name isn’t [name]Richards[/name] :slight_smile: I’m worried [name]Ella[/name] is way too populate and my dh’s parents dogs name is [name]Ellie[/name] so we’d have to either do [name]Elle[/name] or just use her full name… But dd [name]Lola[/name] goes by [name]Lola[/name] or Lo so I think we could jut do [name]Elle[/name] as a nn :slight_smile:

[name]Eloise[/name] would be very lovely with [name]Lola[/name]! [name]Don[/name]'t worry about the Hollywood connection:)

i LOOOOOVE he name [name]Eloise[/name]! it’s beautiful! [name]One[/name] of the little girls i babysit is named [name]Eloise[/name] and we call her Loisey or Loi (lou-eey). I think that you should just pick a name you love and go for it!

• [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Skye[/name]

Yay so glad you guys think [name]Eloise[/name] is still ok for us to use and I love the nickname Loisey too cute!

I think you can definitely still use [name]Eloise[/name] - it works so perfectly! If you are really worried though, [name]Elsie[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Louise[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] all use very similar letters and sound stunning with [name]Mae[/name], and with big sister’s name :slight_smile:

I don’t think either of those reasons are anything to worry about :slight_smile: [name]Eloise[/name] is gorgeous! It’s a lovely alternative to [name]Lois[/name]. If it really bothers you, [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is still beautiful!