Elora, Ella, Elizabeth

Thoughts on these names? What do you picture? What vibes to do get? Which would you choose?

[name_f]Elora[/name_f] - I love the meaning. I think due to it’s unfamiliarity for me it seems a bit out there but I think if it was more popular it would be seen as such a beautiful name! Nickname ideas?

[name_f]Ella[/name_f] - Cute, beautiful, short and sweet and kind of spunky to me. The only downside is it reminds me of Cruella. But I still love it.

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - Beautiful, long, classic. Could use the nn [name_f]Ella[/name_f] potentially, or [name_f]Beth[/name_f], which I love. Iv never actually met a [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] so I feel like although it’s such a well known name, for my area it could potentially be unique.

1 Like

[name_f]Elora[/name_f] is okay, reminds me of [name_f]Leora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliora[/name_f]. Not my fave but nothing against it. You could call her [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Ora[/name_f]

[name_f]Ella[/name_f] seems a bit overused, I know I think 8

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a beautiful classic, my favorite of your choices.

1 Like

[name_f]Elora[/name_f] is my favourite, and if you liked the name [name_f]Ella[/name_f] it could be a nn
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] by itself is quite common, but a nice solid name
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] has always been a favourite of mine, but it is so popular.

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Elora[/name_f]! So sweet and fresh

1 Like

[name_f]Elora[/name_f] is my favorite. I love the sound of it and that it’s uncommon. I can’t stand the name [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] to be honest it’s way too popular. Same applies to [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Elixane[/name_f], [name_f]Bettina[/name_f], [name_f]Lieselotte[/name_f] and other variations of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

2 Likes

I personally love the name [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Not only is it a timeless name that will go out of style before I’m naming kids, but it also has so many nicknames. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] (all [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] fans’ favorite) Liz/Lizzy, [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], and if you want to go a little out there, you could use [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Lili[/name_f]. It also has an amazing meaning if you are religious of “God is my oath”

1 Like

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is by far my favorite of these. I know a few but there are so many nickname potentials (from the more expected [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f], [name_f]Bess[/name_f], or [name_f]Beth[/name_f] to the less expected [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], and [name_f]Libba[/name_f], and many more!) that I think it’s kind of an always-usable perennial classic.

Nothing wrong with [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Elora[/name_f]! They’re just not my personal cup of tea, both are totally usable though!

1 Like

definitely [name_f]Elora[/name_f]!

1 Like

elora has a bit of an awkward sound, and ella feels overused. elizabeth is my ultimate favorite name and just has so many nickname options so that even though it’s common, you’ll never have the same name as someone else.

1 Like

I am biased because my daughter is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but that’s my favorite of these by far. We chose it for so many reasons: (1) it’s an honor name for us; (2) it’s a classic, beautiful name that will never be seen as trendy or dated and works from childhood to adulthood; (3) there are soooooo many nicknames that even if there is another [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] in her class (which hasn’t happened yet, although she’s only ever been in a daycare class with the same group of kids). We use the nn [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] for her but I also love [name_f]Libby[/name_f] (too close to my name) and [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. For me personally, Ella/Ellie is overdone, but if you really love it, I think you could definitely get away with it as nn for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and I am solidly Team Give Them A [name_m]Long[/name_m] Name with a NN.

1 Like