Elowe/yn + florence

i decided on elowe/yn with florence, but i’m not sure if i should use ‘elowyn’ or ‘elowen’.

i am leaning a tiny bit more towards elowen, but i’m still not sure.
which 1 should i use?

TIA!!

2 Likes

I slightly prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] but both are lovely!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u].

1 Like

Beautiful pairing! It’s Elowen in the original Cornish if that influences you at all, but both are lovely with Florence.

1 Like

I much prefer the original spelling which is [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] happened somewhere along the line but as @persephonescrown mentioned [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is the “original” and I’d always be tempted to spell it that way if I heard it said.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] + [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] in general :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I like both, but it depends on the pronunciation for me. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] if you want Eh-LOW-in, [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] if you want ELLA-win. [name_u]Florence[/name_u] as a middle name is lovely :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] seems more authentic to me, because it reminds me of [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], [name_f]Anwen[/name_f], & Gunievere (which are all welsh (to my knowledge)) so maybe that. It’s something similar to what @persephonescrown was mentioning but in a different direction. It’s also the more ‘popular’ spelling (where I am). [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] looks prettier than [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u], though.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. A gorgeous combo!

1 Like

hey guys! i’d just like to clarify i meant this as a sibset rather than a combo, apologies if my wording was confusing !

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is so pretty next to [name_u]Florence[/name_u] :heartpulse:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] x

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]! both are lovely though

1 Like

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] looks best to me :heart::heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] is perfect :+1:

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] read this is not meant to be a combo but a sibset.
I much prefer [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and [name_u]Florence[/name_u] as both have that elegant old fashioned vibe. [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] lacks elegance and prettiness of sound in my opinion.

1 Like

i prefer elowen !! it looks a bit more balanced :heartpulse:

1 Like

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] far prettier :sparkles:

1 Like

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u]

1 Like