Elsa, Elsie or Elka??

[name]Hi[/name] Berries!

What do you think of [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]? Or do you prefer [name]Elsie[/name] or even [name]Elka[/name]? I think we’ve pretty much decided on [name]Elsa[/name] but would love to hear your opinion! [name]Isobel[/name] is a family name.

I also really quite like [name]Emelie[/name].

I would love to hear your thoughts!!

Thank you :slight_smile:

I love [name]Elsa[/name]. It’s an unusual classic. I like [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Isobel[/name], it is a litttttle heavy on the vowel sounds, but since [name]Isobel[/name] is a family name, I think it can slide. I think it’s a great choice. [name]Elsie[/name] is pretty, but can easily be used as a nickname for your [name]Elsa[/name], and [name]Elka[/name] reminds me of elk. [name]Elsa[/name] is definitely my winner and a fantastic one at that.

Agree. [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]. [name]Elsie[/name] is a cute nn, and [name]Elka[/name] sounds like Elk.

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] is very pretty. I don’t like [name]Elka[/name] at all myself. I love [name]Elsie[/name] but not with [name]Isobel[/name]. I think [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] is a great choice, especially with the family connection.

Thanks nosamanthas for your point of view!! I agree with the heavy vowel sound, do you have any other middle name suggestions? [name]Even[/name] though I’d like to use [name]Isobel[/name] it’s not definite, especially if there’s a name that goes perfectly with [name]Elsa[/name]!! Thank you :slight_smile:

Thanks as well jersey_gray and lucystone - you’re confirming what my insticts are telling me :slight_smile:

I’m going to say that I like [name]Elka[/name], though I prefer the Dutch spelling [name]Elke[/name], and I like [name]Elka[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] because there’s less “s” in it than [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]. However, I do otherwise actually prefer [name]Elsa[/name] to [name]Elka[/name], and it seems a lot of people do think of elk with [name]Elka[/name].

I think [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] does work (and I love that spelling of [name]Isobel[/name], by the way), but there is a lot of “el” and “s”. Are there any other family names you would consider using?