Elsa Louise?

What does everyone think? I’m due in [name_u]December[/name_u] and this is pretty much the name we’ve decided on. I’m just curious what others think. Also, have you all heard of a lot of [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]'s? Her sister is [name_f]Tenley[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] (I know they are different styles…T’s name has extreme personal significance to my husband and me).

I love [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]! I like your daughters’ names will be brought together with their middle names.
[name_m]Even[/name_m] though [name_f]Tenley[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] are completely different, [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Marie[/name_f] are much the same style.
I’ve met two [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]'s, but never an [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]- good luck!

Very pretty. I have never met an [name_f]Elsa[/name_f].

I actually think [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Tenley[/name_f] sound very sweet together, despite the gap in style. I’ve never met an [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] or [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], but its best if you check your national and state statistics for more information.

[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] is lovely! I have never met one. Despite the different styles, [name_f]Tenley[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] are really nice together.

Good luck!! :slight_smile:

I have always loved [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]! It was at the top of my girls’ name list for a long time. Then … I realized [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] was the name of the ice queen in the new Disney movie, “Frozen.”

The movie centers on the lives of sisters named [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. I was pretty heart-broken when I started seeing [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] dolls at Target. That ruined the name for me … I would not want to name a child after a Disney princess.

Fingers crossed, the movie will be a dud! [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] goes perfectly with my 10-letter [name_m]German[/name_m] last name, and I was really hoping to use it one day. My daughter’s name was going to be [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]. (Also, I have an Aunt [name_f]Elsie[/name_f].)

Best of luck to you, mama! [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] is a gem … I just hope it isn’t ruined by this movie. [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is so classy.

I love [name_f]Elsa[/name_f].
The first and only person I heard it on was Victorias secret model [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] Hosk. I think she wears the name well.

[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is wonderful and actually goes quite fabulously with big sis [name_f]Tenley[/name_f].

I haven’t heard the name [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] a lot because in [name_f]Austria[/name_f] it’s more of an “old ladies name” :smiley: but I really like it in combination with [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. Btw I’ve never heard the name [name_f]Tenley[/name_f] before but I really like it :slight_smile:

My daughter (born 2011) is [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]. I’ve met 1 other [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and 1 [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] close to her age. I think it is a name that will become more popular, especially with the new princess movie, something I wasn’t thrilled to learn about. But I still really love the name. I think it’s more sophisticated than [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] with a little more weight than [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. (I like both of those names, just like [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] more!)

Truthfully I don’t hear many opinions about her name from strangers, good or bad. So that makes me feel like it’s either 1.) a common and un-offensive enough name that it doesn’t elicit strong opinion, or 2.) people reeeaaaaally don’t like it but are tactful enough to keep mum. :slight_smile: I think my parents were a little thrown off by my choice. Her middle name is also very vintage and so I suspect they view it as an “old lady” name rather than something fresh.

[name_f]Tenley[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] sound sweet together, even though they are different styles. I love [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]. It is my DD’s name. :slight_smile:

Great combo! It’s classy, unique and girly at the same time.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]! Before I came upon [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] my top girl name was [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I love it! Great choice!
I know an [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and an [name_f]Ilsa[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]! Of course, I am quite biased because I have an [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], age 3. Honestly, I have been surprised how much I have heard her name in our community (I live in the Midwest). I know three other [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]'s around her age or a bit younger, and two baby [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]'s. I have heard [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] a few times at the mall/zoo, too. I imagine like any name, there will be pockets of popularity, though.

I still love the name, but I did fear it getting more popular when I named her (I figured as [name_f]Ella[/name_f] starts feeling too “tired” from popularity, [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] will be a natural alternative that people might go to). It has been steadily climbing the charts, but I wouldn’t call it popular yet…certainly nowhere near [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

This thread is the first I have heard of the character named [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] in the upcoming Disney movie, and that makes me a little upset/sad. It is not as if I own the name or anything, I just don’t want the name to be associated/linked to a Disney princess. I am crossing my fingers that the movie is a total dud and the name blows over without a big surge in popularity :wink:
That said, it is what it is…I am not going to change my daughter’s name or anything if [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] gets super popular from the movie. But, it would definitely give me pause if I hadn’t named her yet.

Thank you everyone who responded. I’m not going to lie, my heart broke a little when I read that it’s being used in an upcoming Disney movie :frowning: I’m hopeful that the name won’t catch on until next year tho. She is due right when the movie is supposed to come out. I can’t see myself changing her name at this point because I have my heart set on it. Honestly, when I picked [name_f]Tenley[/name_f] I didn’t know she was on the [name_m]Bachelor[/name_m]. I found out after I fell in love and I didn’t change it. Here’s hoping the movie is awful! haha :slight_smile: