Elysia or Alicia

Which of the 2 do you prefer: [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] or [name_f]Alicia[/name_f]?

[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] by far! (I’m assuming you’re pronouncing it el-ee-see-uh) it’s a wonderful and unusual name, [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] seems too common.

I prefer [name_f]Elysia[/name_f], pronounced [name_f]El[/name_f]-ee-see-uh. [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] is too modern.

I think [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] has better associations (e.g. The Elysium fields), and looks prettier, but the repeated ‘ee’ sound is too much for me. But I really don’t like the A-lee-sha pronunciation of [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] which may have been popularised due to [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] [name_m]Keys[/name_m]. I really like it said A-liss-ee-a. So I’d go for [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] pn. A-liss-ee-a.

[name_f]Elysia[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] too, but [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] is far more… intriguing. I like the Elysium fields connection too. It’s really beautiful.

[name_f]Elysia[/name_f]. It sounds a lot prettier [name_f]IMO[/name_f] and has more interesting connections. It’s ancient and historical, but could blend into any modern classroom easily. [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] is beautiful too, although a bit dated and a tad too contemporary-sounding for my personal taste. [name_f]Alicia[/name_f]'s got an interesting history though :D, but ultimately [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] is more appealing to me. :slight_smile:

Thanks all!

We indeed pronounce [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] el-ee-see-uh, but for [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] we are debating between [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-lee-sha (as in [name_m]Keys[/name_m]) or [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-lee-see-uh (similar to [name_f]Elysia[/name_f]).

[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] is beautiful.

I prefer [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] because my initial thought was that [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] was just an alternative kreeatif spelling of [name_f]Alicia[/name_f], and I wonder if that’s what other people who are not name geeks will think as well.

I really prefer [name_f]Alicia[/name_f]