Embry

Is it seen as a more masculine or feminine name?

Feminine. I feel immature saying this but it makes me want to read it as “embryo”

I say it’s a feminine name, exclusively.

For some reason I’ve never been bothered by names that sounded like other words, and I realize that this really does bother some people! My ex hated the name [name]Savannah[/name] because he said it sounded like saliva. Or hated [name]Ellery[/name] because it sounded like Celery, to me it doesn’t effect a decision. But thanks for your input.

Neither. It just sounds like a word to me.

To me, it sounds more feminine.

It reminds me of [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Ember[/name], both of which I’d consider more masculine than feminine.

It’s definitely feminine, but I can see it being the name of a ‘bump’ (embryo) more than a baby.

I see it as feminine. There’s a pretty little [name]Embry[/name] in my son’s kindergarten.

I think there was a male character called [name]Embry[/name] in Twilight (sorry) so I think of a boy. Also embryo.

I’ve only ever heard of this name on fictional characters, and both of them were male, so I would say unisex, but leaning towards feminine.

Definitely masculine. Does make me immediately think embryo though. If it weren’t for that connection I’d really like it on a boy. Definitely not a girl.

I think of it as masculine.

Ok so when I first read the name I thought it was [name]Emry[/name] but then I looked again and saw the b in there. I do have to let you know that as soon as I saw the b and said [name]Embry[/name] my first thought was oh they are doing IVF too? Then i saw in your post it is a name you are considering. Anyone who has done, done or is contemplating IVF is going to think you named your child after an Embryo. Sorry, but I had to warn you.

Well if I saw the name I would hope it was for a girl, but I like a name to tell me its gender definitively and not to have to guess and this name is definitely not clear on gender imo.

It feels masculine to me, but that may be due to Twilight. I don’t know if I had ever heard the name before that.

Embryo hadn’t even occurred to me. It reminds me of ember, which makes it a strong/nature/outdoorsy name for me.

Definitley masculine to me and I certainly didn’t think embryo :o, it read as [name]Ember[/name] to me which is a name I [name]LOVE[/name] for boy or girl and i don’t normally go for unisex names.