Emelfem top 25 boys

So… this was a lot harder to make than the girls. Any thoughts on standouts? Ones to remove? Ones that don’t fit with the rest? No notes on these as almost all of them would just be ‘names I think sound quite nice’. I feel so much less inspired with these than my girls list. Some of these came from wonderful [name_u]Berry[/name_u] suggestions, so thank you to everyone who contributed to the madness.

[name_m]Edmond[/name_m] [name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Crispin[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_m]Clarence[/name_m] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Sidney[/name_u] [name_m]Egbert[/name_m]
[name_m]Clement[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m] [name_m]Cian[/name_m]
[name_m]Isidore[/name_m] [name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Reginald[/name_m] [name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_u]Quentin[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_m]Clement[/name_m]

3 Likes

There’s a lot of good ones here! Here are some that stood out to me:

[name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Crispin[/name_m] (I would love to see [name_m]Crispin[/name_m] used more!!)
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]

I also love [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]!! One of my sons is named [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] - so obviously I love [name_u]Merritt[/name_u], I’m just not super crazy about pairing it with [name_u]George[/name_u]. Still awesome, though!

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughts! I’d love to see quite a few of these names used some more, though I suppose them being underused gems has its perks.

I love [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] in the FN spot but never quite know what to pair it with. Something traditionally masculine to balance the unisex softness but then I get stuck on what. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] is a lovely combo.

1 Like

Aubrey [name_m]Walter[/name_m], [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] are my favorites! [name_u]Love[/name_u] them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so amazed by these, they’re all lovely! I find boy names so hard but your’s seem effortlessly beautiful!!

my favourites are:
[name_u]Quentin[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] and [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]. Oh also [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] is awesome!

1 Like

Oooo I love your style, you have a lot of my top names in there. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites in no particular order:

Francis [name_m]Crispin[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u] (my favorite combo I think, it’s so lovely!)

1 Like

I love these!
Some of my favorites:
[name_m]Clarence[/name_m] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Clement[/name_m] [name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]

1 Like

I love a three-syllable MN to go with [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] as a FN. Especially a three syllable name with an emphasis on the second syllable. (but I have a one syllable LN so that flow just works naturally for me). From your own list I LOVE:

Merritt [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m]
[name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] (4 syllables but the emphasis is still on the second syllable)

But honestly, don’t get rid of [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]! It is wonderful in it’s straightforward, yet intriguing, no-nonsense way. Very handsome and quite literary sounding as well!!

@elanorelle thank you!

@MargotAbeline I appreciate that. It feels like a lot more thought had to go into them than the girls, like they’re not as natural.

@piesky Thanks - I came across [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u] recently and love the vowel ending so much.

@lateaugust thank you!

@drfox [name_m]Ah[/name_m] that makes sense. I have a 3-syllable 11 letter last name so it’s at risk of the flow being very end-heavy if I ended up with something that long in the middle spot. (though [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] does sound nice with my name). I appreciate the thoughts.

3 Likes

Oh yes, then [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] probably sounds AMAZING with your last name!!

1 Like

Edmond Auden - classic but fresh

Alistair Rupert - rugged and cute

Douglas Orson - a bit too many s sounds for me but I think it could work. I do think [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Crispin[/name_m] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Orson[/name_m] would be nice though

Francis Crispin - quirky but regal though the is sounds mesh a little

Augustus Percy -charming and lovely

Clarence Ignatius - I love seeing [name_m]Clarence[/name_m] and [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] makes an unexpected middle

Aubrey Walter -[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] on a boy is so cool!

Wilfred Arlo - interesting blend of modern and old fashioned

Joseph Vivian -love seeing [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]!

Benedict Lorcan - so handsome and literary feeling

Leonard Florian - calm and fresh

Merritt George -so handsome and distinctive

Sidney Egbert - love [name_u]Sidney[/name_u], not wild on [name_m]Egbert[/name_m]. [name_u]Sidney[/name_u] [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] or [name_u]Sidney[/name_u] [name_m]Herbert[/name_m] would be nice

Clement Victor - this has an international flair

Ernest Hugh -interesting and underused

Geoffrey Cian - these two don’t quite fit for me

Isidore Basil -literary and charming

Lawrence Arthur -sturdy and cool

Reginald Abel -quite nice

Alfred Dorian -I love it. Literary and interesting

Quentin James - well balanced

Bartholomew Pascoe - unexpected but i like these two together. [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] would be cool too

Ambrose Wilbur - love seeing [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] and it makes a nice pair here

Otto Lysander - Im in love with this. What a beautiful combo

Gregory Clement -nice blend of hard and soft sounds

Wilfred [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] are brilliant!