Emelyne?

I just came across a Youtuber whose name is [name_f]Emelyne[/name_f] (pronounced [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-line). What do you think of this name/spelling?

1 Like

I don’t like the spelling or pronunciation lol. [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Emeline[/name_f] are much better imo.

1 Like

I agree with @SparkleNinja18

1 Like

Like @SparkleNinja18 said, [name_f]Emeline[/name_f] looks and sounds much better imo.

1 Like

I much prefer the vintage [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]. [name_f]Emelyne[/name_f] looks too trendy IMO.

The names good. That spelling is awful.

I like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] but [name_f]Emelyne[/name_f] looks a tad clunky

just looks a bit too trendy and made-up especially if its pronounced exactly the same.

I would instinctively pronounce it emma-lynn, since it looks rather like the more popular [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. I quite like the sound of emma-lynn, though I’d spell it [name_f]Emmalyn[/name_f] or [name_f]Emalyn[/name_f].

Much prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]

It’s such gorgeous name that it doesn’t really bother me, but I do prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

I love it

My cousin’s almost one-year-old daughter is named Emmalyne, nicknamed [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. I also first heard that name from that same YouTuber years ago, and have always thought it was beautiful. I like the YouTuber’s spelling, [name_f]Emelyne[/name_f], rather than have the spelling, ‘[name_f]Emma[/name_f],’ in the name. Emmalyne, or [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] seem too forced, but [name_f]Emelyne[/name_f] looks more natural.