Emergency! 4 day old baby needs a name!

Yikes, I’m a bit embarrassed here! I posted a month or two ago and got some great ideas, but I find myself still undecided on my baby girl’s name, and she has arrived a bit early. (Let me just mention she is stunning and sweet :slight_smile:

So… I must decide by [name]July[/name] 6, but of course the sooner the better! Last name is McGrath.
Top choices are below. I’m ok with mixing and matching the first/middle names among these combos, and am open to other suggestions! Thanks!

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] ([name]Caro[/name]-line)
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexa[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]/ [name]Brigid[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]

I’m personally voting for [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name]…

So… I must decide by [name]July[/name] 6, but of course the sooner the better! Last name is McGrath.
Congratulations!
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] - This is really pretty and not too common.
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] ([name]Caro[/name]-line) - This is my second favorite on your list. I love classic names.
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexa[/name] - I don’t tend to like names like [name]Rowan[/name]. I do like [name]Camden[/name].
[name]Charlotte[/name] - I used to love this name until a poster pointed out that it has the word harlot in the middle of it.
[name]Bridget[/name]/ [name]Brigid[/name] - love [name]Bridget[/name]. I love [name]Brenna[/name], too, but it might be dated. Also [name]Bryony[/name] is pretty.
[name]Norah[/name] - This is my favorite on your list. It can be a lovely nickname for [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Leonora[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] you can decide soon!
Here are some more ideas in case you get stuck:
(I’m listing all different styles because it is an emergency)
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Anne[/name] McGrath nn [name]Maisie[/name] - classic
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] McGrath - classic mixed with vintage
[name]Iona[/name] [name]Faith[/name] McGrath - Nameberry poster’s popular name mixed with virtue name
[name]Pippa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] McGrath - Popular in [name]England[/name] mixed with classic.
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Jane[/name] McGrath - vintage mixed with classic.
Also:
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]
My favorite of all these names is [name]Norah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]!

My vote is [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rose[/name] McGrath. Although all your names are pretty.

I really like how the name [name]Norah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] sounds. [name]Hope[/name] you can find something that you like!

Wow! Congratulations to you and your family! :slight_smile:

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name]: I think this is really, really pretty, and I love it with McGrath.

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] ([name]Caro[/name]-line): I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rose[/name] as a first name as opposed to a middle name, where it’s overused. [name]Rose[/name] up front feels and sounds so fresh to me. I love [name]Caroline[/name], too, and think [name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] McGrath is lovely. (I think I like the sound of [name]Fiona[/name] McGrath better, though.)

[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Alexa[/name]: I’m personally not a fan of unisex names, and [name]Alexa[/name] feels really trendy to me. That said, I think the combination flows really well.

[name]Charlotte[/name]: I love [name]Charlotte[/name], but I think [name]Fiona[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] sound better with McGrath.

[name]Bridget[/name]/ [name]Brigid[/name]: I think [name]Bridget[/name] McGrath has a perky sound and feel, and is in stark contrast with the more formal feel [name]Fiona[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] up front. I guess it depends on the feel you’re going for.

[name]Norah[/name]: I think [name]Nora[/name] McGrath sounds great, and I think it’s really pretty with [name]Caroline[/name] in the middle: [name]Norah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] McGrath.

Is there one name that seems to suit your baby girl better than the rest?

I vote for [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] McGrath (love the flow with McGrath) or [name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] McGrath. I’m going to put [name]Norah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] in third place, simply because I personally prefer [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]. I think [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] McGrath is darling, too. :slight_smile:

You’ve got some great names here! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Brigit[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! Congrats!!!

I love love love [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name]! Such a great name.

First, congratulations!!!

Ok, [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] McGrath is beyond gorgeous! I also love [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Norah[/name], and also [name]Violet[/name] as a first name. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is number one, [name]Norah[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is number two, [name]Violet[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is third and [name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is fourth. Oh, and I like [name]Bridget[/name], too… but [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is too beautiful not to use!

All of your ideas are gorgeous (though [name]Rowan[/name] is not my top pick, but that’s my personal taste). [name]Just[/name] out of curiosity, why do you think you’re having a hard time choosing?

you MUST name her [name]Fiona[/name]. it so unique and lovely and it is just so classy. middle names could vary as follows :
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (my favorite)

Good [name]Luck[/name] !

Wow, thanks for all the (quick!) replies!

To answer why I’m having such a hard time choosing - I tend to overanalyze everything, especially with a decision that is so important to me. So I find drawbacks to all the names, for example -

[name]Fiona[/name] - about half the people I’ve mentioned it to bring up the “ugly princess” Shrek character. I haven’t seen Shrek, and don’t particularly care if she shares a name with a chartoon ogre, but the association is a drawback nonetheless.

[name]Rowan[/name] - I really like the name (admitting it does have a masculine sound), but have heard of a number of little [name]Rowan[/name]'s lately and want to avoid a name that comes from nowhere to popularity very quickly (the “[name]Aidan[/name]” phenomenon)

[name]Rose[/name] - I agree with [name]Jill[/name] that it’s beautiful and fresh as a first name but overused as a middle name. But I question, is it special and unique enough?

And I go round and round in my head!! (btw I’m a single mama so it’s my decision alone - which has its pluses and minuses!)

That being said, when I posted my list, [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] was my favorite, with [name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] a close second. (And I [name]LOVE[/name] the suggestion of [name]Nora[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], a pairing I hadn’t considered but is lovely).

I’m getting there… almost ready to say [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] it is! Seeing your excitement about this name is wonderful!

Thank you!!

• [name]Claire[/name]

I like [name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and I encourage you to use that! [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is nice too though. [name]Nora[/name] sounds like an Irish chambermaid to me.

[name]Hi[/name], Riverbio. I hope your baby girl is doing well. :slight_smile:

As for your [name]Rose[/name] as a first name question, [name]Rose[/name] is presently ranked #344 in popularity, while [name]Fiona[/name] is #347. I personally think [name]Rose[/name] as a first name is extremely refreshing and special, but it’s a subjective thing. I honestly can’t recall the last time I met a little [name]Rose[/name], but I know of about 4 little Fionas.

Whether it’s [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] (or anything else you’re pondering), I honestly don’t think you can lose.

For what it’s worth, [name]Fiona[/name] doesn’t remind me of Shrek, but once again, that’s an individual thing. If it bothers you that your friends think of a green ogre, to the point where the name is ruined for you, maybe [name]Fiona[/name] isn’t the perfect name for your little one.

Is it possible that you can’t decide on a name because none of the names you’re considering is THE perfect name?

[name]Just[/name] in case (and just for fun), here are some more ideas:

[name]Amelia[/name] McGrath (popular, though)
[name]Bronwen[/name]/Brownyn McGrath (instead of [name]Rowan[/name], but not the best sound with McGrath)
[name]Cordelia[/name]/[name]Cora[/name] McGrath
[name]Celia[/name] McGrath
[name]Dahlia[/name] McGrath (another flower name)
[name]Eleanor[/name] McGrath
[name]Eliza[/name] McGrath
[name]Felicity[/name] McGrath
[name]Genevieve[/name] McGrath (not the best combo…)
[name]Georgia[/name] McGrath
[name]Gwendolen[/name]/[name]Gwendolyn[/name] McGrath
[name]Hazel[/name] McGrath
[name]Julia[/name] McGrath
[name]Josephine[/name] McGrath (has [name]Fiona[/name]'s long O and Fi sounds…)
[name]Louisa[/name] McGrath
[name]Lydia[/name] McGrath
[name]Lila[/name] McGrath

Please keep us posted! :slight_smile:

Hey hun,
I really like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. If it’s your top choice, who cares what people associate it with? People have some really weird name associations. I’ve seen Shrek umpteen times and never even thought of it when I read your name choices. If you love it, go for it. I think it’s lovely.

I adore [name]Fiona[/name] McGrath. Never thought of Shrek once. Anyway, isn’t she actually the beautiful princess who chooses the ogre identity? There – she’s not a shallow character.

As an aside, I know a [name]Bridget[/name] who goes by nn [name]Bridey[/name]. [name]Bridey[/name] McGrath is really, really cute.

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is awesome! I never thought about Shrek either, even though I’ve seen it a bunch of times. But [name]Fiona[/name] is one of the best characters - as the post above states, she’s the princess with substance. The point of the movie is that she IS beautiful - inside, where it counts.

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is great too. Either way, you can’t lose. Make the leap. :wink: Congrats on your baby!!

[name]Just[/name] wanted to add I second the last 2 posts - the people who referred to her as “the ugly princess” completely missed the point of the movie.

Thank you for all your wonderful input. It’s final… [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] it is!! Whew, what a relief! :slight_smile:

• [name]Claire[/name]

Congratulations and welcome, little [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name]! Is it completely official now?