Emeric v.s. Emerich

I saw this and loved it. I fell in love with it a few years ago, and forgot about it till now. Thoughts.

I like it spelled Emerich, Emeric feels like it’s missing a letter.

I’m not very familiar with the name, but I like it! I think I prefer the Emeric spelling. When I see “rich” on the end, it makes me want to pronounce the “ch.”

I prefer Emeric, Emerich I say automatically as ‘[name]Em[/name]-Er-itch.’ And I just don’t like that. I know it’s meant to be said the same as Emeric, but the spelling throws me off. And I feel like many people would probably do the same.

I also prefer the Emeric spelling as the h throws me off too! :slight_smile:

I saw this in [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] and was intrigued!

I know a man named [name_u]Emery[/name_u] and though I like the name it always felt a bit feminine (guess because of the similarity to [name_f]Mary[/name_f]), but I really like Emeric.

Added to my list!

I don’t do well with Eme- names. I pronounce [name_u]Emery[/name_u] [name_f]Em[/name_f]-ree, Emeric [name_f]Em[/name_f]-rick, and Emerich [name_f]Em[/name_f]-rich.

I like Emeric, though, and would spell it that way to avoid mispronunciations.

Emeric or Emerick

I guess no one could pronounce Emerich the right way in the US. At least I find that Americans usually can’t say the [name_m]German[/name_m] “ch” sound. So I vote Emeric.