Emil, Abel, Amos or Felix?

Hi All,

Thoughts on these boys names. Living in the UK and NZ for context, so might be a little odd / hard to pronounce in reality… But I love these short and sweet scandi type names!

Emil
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_u]Amos[/name_u] (Mossy!)
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]

Thanks!

3 Likes

I really like all of them! I think they’re easy to pronounce in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country.

1 Like

All very cute & not hard to pronounce in my opinion!
[name_u]Amos[/name_u] nn [name_m]Moss[/name_m](y) is cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love this list and style of name!

Emil - I like it but it’s my least fave of the bunch. Not as quirky and fun as the others!
Abel - soft, yet strong. I can see this aging so well. [name_m]Abe[/name_m] is a sweet nn too.
Amos nn Mossy - sooo cute. I wish [name_u]Amos[/name_u] didn’t rhyme with anus though. :slightly_frowning_face:
Felix - adorable, I’d love to meet more Felixs. There’s a grown up [name_m]Felix[/name_m] on the show Insecure who really made me see how handsome and chic the name is.
Otto - I know a 1 year old [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and it’s such a fun name to say and suits an active, quirky boy!

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], and [name_m]Otto[/name_m]!

[name_m]Emil[/name_m] is lovely. It’s probably the least intuitive on your list to say but I still don’t foresee it casuing problems.
[name_m]Abel[/name_m] sounds beautiful.
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]: Yes I like this for the Mossy nickname and because of singer [name_f]Tori[/name_f] [name_u]Amos[/name_u]!
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] - these are cute! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know the Youtube channel Life With Beans? They have a [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and an [name_m]Otto[/name_m]. Their other boys are called [name_m]Rufus[/name_m], [name_m]Hank[/name_m] ([name_m]Henry[/name_m]) and…argh, I can’t remember! I’ll come back to add it if I do. They are expecting twins and I’m excited to find out what they name them! I just add this in case you might like any of their other names too :slight_smile:

Edit: Evan! Their eldest boy is called Evan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love!

Felix, [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_m]Abel[/name_m] are the most ‘wearable’.

Emil is a bit close to [name_f]Emily[/name_f]? still super cute.

Amos/Moss is super cute- people would assume his name was just [name_m]Moss[/name_m], which is more common than [name_u]Amos[/name_u] I think?

1 Like

Love [name_u]Amos[/name_u] nn Mossy!

This is one of my favourite name lists I’ve seen on here for a while! [name_u]Love[/name_u] them all :blue_heart:

From a UK perspective, I’d rank them…

1. Otto
  2. Emil
  3. Felix (absolutely love this but it is quite a bit more popular than the others)
  4. Amos (v cool, love [name_m]Moss[/name_m] :sunglasses:)
  5. Abel

If we’re allowed to make suggestions…

Ivo
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxim[/name_m]
[name_m]Amias[/name_m]
[name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_m]Pasco[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]
[name_m]Laszlo[/name_m]
[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]

3 Likes

I like [name_m]Abel[/name_m], it was on my list! Also [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_u]Amos[/name_u] nn mossy is actually cute!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m]! They’re cute, sleek and cheerful

1 Like

Ooh great suggestions! [name_m]Otis[/name_m] is so cute!

1 Like

Felix and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] ate just gorgeous. [name_m]Emil[/name_m] and [name_u]Amos[/name_u] ‘Mossy’ are great too!

Felix is my favourite.

I love all of these names together ! I especially like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_m]Abel[/name_m] !!

I really love all of them except for [name_m]Felix[/name_m]

Amos, nn Mossy. Genius!

Otto is a great name.

Felix is nice though I’m old enough to think of The Odd Couple.

Emil reminds me of a very old man (probably b/c I knew one!).

Abel is the only one I would avoid b/c of Biblical associations.

Amos/Mossy is the big winner!