Emilia

The wife, out of nowhere, brought up the name [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] the other day. We are struggling to find “the one” but she really likes it.

Its growing on me! What do you all think? Pronounced Eh-mee-lee-ah.

3 Likes

Yay

I love [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]! It has a great nickname range: [name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], Meelie, Meels, [name_f]Emi[/name_f], [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], [name_f]Em[/name_f], Emms, [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_f]Lili[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], & [name_f]Lia[/name_f]! It feels like a super-classy take on [name_f]Emily[/name_f], or maybe [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], without being associated with the latter. I think it sounds really sweet, and works on all ages. :slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of Emilia! It’s whimsical, yet classy :honeybee:

[name_u]Perfect[/name_u]! And it would be adorable with the nn [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is pretty and bubbly

Emilia is stunning!

Such a lovely romantic name really sweet massively prefer over Amelia (Amelia is still very pretty) really great name.

I like it, even though it’s incredibly common here. It’s sharp, with a meaning some might perceive as negative, but I find it intriguing.

I like it, lovely name!

1 Like

where are you located?

That would be her nick name. I’ve always loved [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] but can’t get the OH on board with just that. So I feel like [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] might be the perfect middle ground.

1 Like

We’re thinking the same name nickname Millie…
[name_m]Just[/name_m] worried about constantly saying it’s with an W not A :sweat_smile:

Where we live there’s a pretty distinct difference between [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is pronounced- Eh-mee-Lee-ah
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]- Ah-meh-Lia

So we wouldn’t have that issue! [name_f]Millie[/name_f] is super cute too

I do think they sound pretty similar! Yeah love [name_f]Millie[/name_f]! Are you from the uk?

[name_f]My[/name_f] fiancé is from the UK! I’m Norwegian :blush:

Poland