EMILY

[name]Emily[/name] ____ or ______ [name]Emily[/name] is due in a few weeks and I need some help. My husband insists on [name]Emily[/name] being in her name somewhere, but I’m having a hard time finding a name that sounds good with [name]Emily[/name] as the middle. Suggestions?

I love the name [name]Olive[/name]. That would be my choice, but [name]Olive[/name] [name]Emily[/name]? I think the flow is off. Opinions?

If we go with [name]Emily[/name] as the first name, I want something fun/unexpected/whimsical for her middle name. So far, I’ve come up with

[name]Emily[/name] [name]Snow[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Ever[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]True[/name]

WDYT about those? Any suggestions for other middle names?

Thanks!

Does it have to be [name]Emily[/name] or can it be a variation that contains the same sound as [name]Emily[/name]? Names like:

[name]Emilia[/name] (like [name]Amelia[/name], but with an E sound)
[name]Emmaline[/name]
Emmalena/[name]Emmalina[/name]

Maybe finding a name that contains the roots of [name]Emily[/name] will flow better and still fulfill his need to have [name]Emily[/name] in the name?

I’ve tried to get him to agree to a [name]Emily[/name] variant, but no. It has to be [name]Emily[/name]. :slight_smile:

Hmm…in that case, you are right. [name]Olive[/name] [name]Emily[/name] is pretty, but the flow just isn’t right. I like the idea of balancing [name]Emily[/name] with a whimsical middle name, but the names you have listed are short names. [name]Emily[/name] is a short name to start with, so it seems a little choppy to me. You may want to choose a longer middle name to balance it out. [name]Do[/name] you have a long or short last name? Also, what style of names do you like? This information would make it easier to provide suggestions.

[name]HI[/name]! My daughter’s name is [name]Emily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], and we get a lot of compliments on it.

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Emily[/name]

I don’t think the flow of [name]Olive[/name] [name]Emily[/name] is too bad, really. And remember she wouldn’t normally be called [name]Olive[/name] [name]Emily[/name], she’d be called [name]Olive[/name], or [name]Olive[/name] Lastname.

[name]Emily[/name] isn’t a personal favorite; I tend to see it as a little dull. However, the middle names you paired it with really give it spark and style. [name]Emily[/name] [name]Snow[/name] and [name]Emily[/name] [name]Ever[/name] are especially pretty and interesting. I realize that this kind of contradicts what I just said about middle names, but I guess my point is that a mn can be as visible or as hidden as you want it to be. You may want to play up a spunky middle name to liven up [name]Emily[/name], or play it down to diminish a less-than-ideal flow.

Lately I’ve been loving [name]Ever[/name] as a first name too; [name]Ever[/name] [name]Emily[/name]? With the 3-syllable [name]Emily[/name], I think a one or two syllable middle name is perfect, I wouldn’t go longer. You just have to decide if you love [name]Emily[/name] enough to be in the first name slot, or if you want to relegate it to the middle! Good luck :slight_smile:

I think [name]Olive[/name] [name]Emily[/name] flows well! Of course, I don’t know your ln so that could throw it off, but I think I would put [name]Emily[/name] in the middle, personally.

smartiepants, our last name is Bargmann. Other names besides [name]Olive[/name] I like are [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], and [name]Daisy[/name].

Thanks kyesmsma! Your daughter’s name is very pretty. I love [name]Emily[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. I also love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emily[/name]. Opinions?

That’s a good point, Hoodie. [name]How[/name] often are we called by our first name and our middle name? I understand that about [name]Emily[/name]. It’s been so popular for so long its lost its luster. My husband’s little sister’s name was [name]Emily[/name] and she died when she was six so he really wants it as the first and I really want it as the middle. He’ll probably win, which is why I want some sparkle in the middle. :slight_smile:

If we go with [name]Emily[/name] as the first, do you like the nickname [name]Mimi[/name]? What other nicknames are there for [name]Emily[/name] besides [name]Em[/name], [name]Emmy[/name], or [name]Emma[/name]?

Thanks everyone!

I like [name]Emily[/name] [name]Winter[/name] Bargmann or [name]Emily[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] Bargmann. Also love the suggestions of [name]Emily[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emily[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] apple…I was looking at your list of favorites again…I love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Emily[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Emily[/name], and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emily[/name]! And I love the pp’s suggestion of [name]Emily[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Emily[/name]. Any of them would be beautiful. [name]Emily[/name] is a popular first name, but my daughter (now 9) actually knows more [name]Emma[/name]'s than [name]Emily[/name]'s! [name]Mimi[/name] is cute for the nn…sometimes our [name]Emily[/name] goes by “Emsie”, which is cute. You can also use [name]Millie[/name] as a nn!

I think [name]Olive[/name] [name]Emily[/name] flows great! If you use [name]Emily[/name] as a first name, [name]Millie[/name] would be a great nickname, and [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Emma[/name] could also work.

[name]Emily[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Stella[/name]

[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Emily[/name] (nn [name]Daisy[/name])
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Emily[/name]

I love [name]Emily[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Emily[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. [name]Emily[/name] is a classic name. Its popularity seems to have simmered as well … a good thing(:
good luck!

My Dh always wanted a lill girl named emily, but I just couldn’t do it…most ppl aren’t brave enough to choose a unique n name, but I’m not brave enough to use a common name…
Soo I might be in the minority but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]OLIVE[/name] [name]EMILY[/name] !!! that is by far my favorite option! also like [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emily[/name]

I like [name]Emily[/name] [name]Winter[/name]. Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name] apple…I was looking at your list of favorites again…I love [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Emily[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Emily[/name], and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emily[/name]! And I love the pp’s suggestion of [name]Emily[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Emily[/name]. Any of them would be beautiful. [name]Emily[/name] is a popular first name, but my daughter (now 9) actually knows more [name]Emma[/name]'s than [name]Emily[/name]'s! [name]Mimi[/name] is cute for the nn…sometimes our [name]Emily[/name] goes by “Emsie”, which is cute. You can also use [name]Millie[/name] as a nn![/quote]

Emsie is cute. Thanks!

[name]Millie[/name] is cute. I like [name]Emily[/name] [name]Astrid[/name] & [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Emily[/name].

Thanks!

That is a good thing about [name]Emily[/name]'s popularity. Thanks!

I got to pick our first daughter’s name so he now thinks he can name this one. haha

I’m glad you love [name]Olive[/name] [name]Emily[/name]. She stays on the list.

Thanks!

P.S. [name]Love[/name] your daughters’ names.