Emme

Yesterdaymy 2 year old son couldn’t stop talking about the little girl in his class, [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. Except that he coukdnt pronounce her name correctly so it sounds like he’s say [name_f]Emme[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]. It was just too cute (I think he has a little crush :slight_smile: heh).

I was pretty convinced if this next one is a girl that her name would be [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]. I’ve very hooked on that name right now…until I heard [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. I’m really starting to like it! I searched for other underused names that could have the nickname [name_f]Emme[/name_f] - came up with [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and [name_u]Emory[/name_u]/[name_u]Emery[/name_u] though this one seems to be more often used for boys (though sounds feminine to me). What do you think? Are there others out ther I haven’t found?

I still really like [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] and [name_f]Wren[/name_f] will almost definitely stand as the middle name. Maybe I’ll be in for a shock and there’s twin girls! Probably not but a girl can dream :slight_smile:

My niece is [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] and my 2-year-old calls her [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], and it’s adorable – I love hearing little kids pronounce names. [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] is named after our grandmother who was [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], so that could be another option. I also knew someone named [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] who went by M.E. (prn. [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]). Those two particular names obviously aren’t your style, but if you can find two other names for the first and middle with an M and E and maybe have [name_f]Wren[/name_f] as a second middle, that might give you another option. Good luck!

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] is cute :slight_smile: what about [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]?

I’d like to stay away from [name_f]Emily[/name_f]/[name_f]Emilie[/name_f] given how common it is. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] seems a little too close and, if I pronouncing it correctly, sounds very similar to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

Interesting idea on the M.E. initials - I may try to play around with that!

I think [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is popular but not trendy. Some other options you might consider…

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Annamarie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emeny[/name_f]
[name_f]Emina[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Euphemie[/name_f]/ [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
[name_f]Poem[/name_f]
[name_f]Temperance[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]

Or almost any name that starts with ‘M’ or you could give her the initials of M E

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] or [name_f]Emersyn[/name_f]!

Aww bless your son!!

[name_f]Emme[/name_f] is lovely she’s sweet, wholesome, and has a great [name_m]French[/name_m] flair. I prefer the ‘[name_f]Emme[/name_f]’ names too [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] which isn’t my style. For me this name feels a little harsh. I do love the [name_f]Wren[/name_f] middle name though. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is a pretty name but I do understand that you may find this name slightly too ‘beige’, despite [name_f]Emily[/name_f] being a pretty classic. She is slightly beige I’d prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f] which I feel has a lot more spunk. I also love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] it’s elegant and has great historical references too [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] Pankhurst. [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f] sounds very feminine it’s sweet. [name_u]Emory[/name_u]/[name_u]Emery[/name_u] feels very trendy even though the name is nice it’s trendy. I would team [name_u]Emory[/name_u]/[name_u]Emery[/name_u] with the likes of [name_u]Madison[/name_u] and [name_u]Addison[/name_u].

Other [name_f]Emme[/name_f] names…
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Emanuela[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Euphemia[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_u]Demeter[/name_u] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Demetria[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f] (careful in USA racial slur attached to this choice)

not keen on all the names suggested but here are some choices that may interest you

We are expecting a girl and going to name her [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] nickname [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]. I think it’s sugary sweet and just adore it. A few years ago I met the cutest little girl and her full name was [name_f]Emme[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmie[/name_f], not sure how she spelled it, but I consider the name usable by itself, but I personally prefer it as a nickname.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t give up on [name_f]Sonja[/name_f]!

I love Alexa400’s suggestion of [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] for [name_f]Emme[/name_f]

I’m definitely not giving up on [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] :wink: it’s still stuck with me! I’m just playing around wih some other ideas.

I keep coming back to go [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]. I do love some of the suggestions for names that don’t start with E. I never would have thought of those!

My favorites (and rather opposites) are:

[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

But [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], and [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] are all working well.

[name_f]Sonja[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f] is so original, I think you should stick with it. But I do love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. I’d prob use it myself if my own name weren’t [name_f]Emily[/name_f].