Emmeline and...... I don't know!

[name]Hi[/name] again guys! Sooo… as a refresher my two favorite girls names are [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name]. However, they are too similar to use both and right now I am leaning towards [name]Emmeline[/name].

When I thought I was leaning towards [name]Evangeline[/name] my favorite sibling name to go with it was [name]Amelie[/name]. But [name]Amelie[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] are too close to use both so now I wanted some opinions on which of our other favorite names you think would go best with [name]Emmeline[/name] (We plan on having more children).

[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Helena[/name]

For boys:

[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name] (sounds ADORABLE but worried about [name]Leopold[/name] being too much, although he would go by [name]Leo[/name])
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Caius[/name] (my husband’s favorite)
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Lysander[/name]

So what do you think? Any suggestions that you think fit our style would be greatly appreciated as well :slight_smile:

I love [name]Evangeline[/name], but to me, [name]Emmeline[/name] just sounds a bit made up. It’s pretty though.

All of your other girls names are gorgeous. I especially like [name]Genevieve[/name].

[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] sound adorable together!

I love [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name]. Such great names.
Question, how are you pronouncing [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]?

Thanks for the replies so far!

I pronounce [name]Emmeline[/name] like -line and [name]Genevieve[/name] like [name]Gen[/name]-uh-veev (didn’t realize there was another way to pronounce it!)

Also, I saw in your signature that you have a daughter named [name]Hermione[/name]! My husband and I [name]LOVE[/name] that name but are too worried about the strong [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association. What have reactions been so far from friends/family/strangers to the name?

[name]Hi[/name],

While I love [name]Anastasia[/name] it seems a bit too princessy to go with the down to earth [name]Emmeline[/name] to me. [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Anastasia[/name] work very well for me though :slight_smile:

[name]Augusta[/name] seems a little frumpy next to [name]Emmeline[/name] for me but I really like [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Helena[/name].

My personal fav of the three is [name]Helena[/name] followed be [name]Adelaide[/name]. [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] are perfect to me. [name]Both[/name] are very feminine but not frilly by any means, and are names with a ‘warm’ feeling if that makes sense? And I love the cute nn’s [name]Emmy[/name] and [name]Lena[/name] :slight_smile:

If you have a boy and a girl, I personally do find [name]Leopold[/name] a bit much but that’s probably just because I’m not brave enough to use it myself! If you are though I say go for it. I feel the same way about [name]Lysander[/name] and the total opposite about [name]Marcus[/name], which seems a little safe and boring to me next to your other name choices. I love love love [name]Theodore[/name], and this would be my pick, but I do also like [name]Caius[/name]. I would prefer [name]Cassius[/name] or [name]Cassian[/name] though as they feel a bit more ‘complete’ to me.

So my picks would be:

[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]

Best of luck!

[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are so cute together! I really like those together.
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] and also really cute together. [name]Emme[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] would be really cute as nicknames for siblings.

I’m also really in love with Hartford with [name]Emmeline[/name]. [name]Emme[/name] and [name]Ford[/name] - so cute.
[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Georgiana[/name] are also really cute together. (I like [name]Georgiana[/name] pronounced jor-jay-nuh with [name]Emmeline[/name].)

I hope you find the best match!

Thanks for the replies!

I think I am definitely liking [name]Theodore[/name] the best with [name]Emmeline[/name], but husband just recommended the name [name]Leander[/name]. What do you think? It’s another way to get the name [name]Leo[/name] we both love. [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Emme[/name], how does that sound?

For the girls I am leaning towards [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Adelaide[/name] I think. Still having some trouble so any other comments would be greatly appreciated!

I love [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] - both great names.

I don’t like [name]Augusta[/name] at all. Too frumpy.

[name]Genevieve[/name] is gorgeous but I pronounce it “Zhan-Ve-Eive” (like the lady on Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood). Not sure that it would go with [name]Emmeline[/name].

[name]Anastasia[/name] - pretty name. Again, don’t think it goes with [name]Emmeline[/name].

[name]Adelaide[/name] - now this would make a great sib-set with [name]Emmeline[/name]. Perfect!

[name]Helena[/name] - it’s OK.

I actually like all of your boys’ names and think they would all go well with [name]Emmeline[/name]. My favs are [name]Marcus[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name]. Great choices!

Sorry to be so annoying but what about the names [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Ginevra[/name]? [name]Do[/name] either of them go with [name]Emmeline[/name], or is [name]Maeve[/name] just too short paired with it? [name]Do[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Ginevra[/name] go well with eachother do you guys think? I am really excited as my husband had first said he wasn’t too sure about [name]Maeve[/name] because it sounded like it could be a boys name but we ran into a little girl with the name this morning while running errands and he really loved it :slight_smile: I am so excited! I think he just had to see it on someone to appreciate it.

I can’t write much cos I’m running late for work, but just wanted to say I think [name]Maeve[/name] is gorgeous and I actually think it works pretty well with [name]Emmeline[/name]. Despite the different lengths, they both have a similar warm feel :slight_smile:

If you are worried about the length, how about [name]Maeva[/name]? :slight_smile: Or [name]Mabel[/name]?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Emmeline[/name] & [name]Maeve[/name]! Cute nn’s, too–[name]Emme[/name] & [name]Mae[/name]. :slight_smile:
For [name]Emmeline[/name] & a boys name, I really like [name]Theodore[/name]…[name]Leander[/name] is cute, but looks a little feminine to me.
[name]Leopold[/name] is such a great name, [name]IMO[/name]…I have really been liking the name [name]Leon[/name] for a boy as well lately.
Best,
L.