Emmeline or Emmaline?

See the results of this poll: Emmaline or Emmeline??

Respondents: 27 (This poll is closed)

• Emmaline Claire: 5 (19%)
  • Emmeline Claire: 22 (81%)

I’ve only seen the [name]Emmeline[/name] spelling, so [name]Emmaline[/name] doesn’t look right to me. I spell and pronounce it like you do, and think it’s a gorgeous name. :slight_smile:

Take care!

Ditto on what [name]Jill[/name] said.

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Emmeline[/name]!

Ok guys! I am going to go ahead and still go with [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. I am starting to sound like a broken record as many times as I have changed my mind or doubted myself! Sorry!

Woo-hoo!!! I’m so happy you’re keeping it! :slight_smile: (And don’t apologize! Naming a baby is important, and I think it’s great that you want to choose the perfect name.) :slight_smile:

Good luck!

definitely [name]Emmeline[/name]…

That is my daughter’s name and I spelled it [name]Emmaline[/name].

[name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Emeline[/name] both looked like “emma-leen” to me, which I wasn’t crazy about. I asked all my friends to pronounce both spellings and when I showed them “[name]Emmeline[/name]” first, they always said “emma-leen”.

I also thought about Emmalyne, but decided that would set her up for even more misspellings, so I kept it a little more basic.

I always get compliments on her name, even though she told me last week that when she turns 45, she’s changing it to [name]Jamie[/name].

That is so funny!