Emmeline Poppy _____: Down to two!

I feel like I’m very close to deciding on my [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] combo. I’m down to two options, but I have several misgivings with both. WDYT?

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]: [name_u]Lou[/name_u] has no significance, but it’s downright adorable, I think. But is the southerney, down-to-earth, very cutesy, very casual [name_u]Lou[/name_u] just too different from the prim-and-proper, cultured, British, sweet [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]?

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]: I like that [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is a subtle nod to my little sister, but is [name_f]Joy[/name_f] too generic/boring/filler as a middle? It almost doesn’t seem terribly special. I like how sweet and happy [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is all together.

For what it’s worth, [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] is already in honor of four other family members, so if I don’t get to honor my little sister, it’s not really the end of the world. :slight_smile: She’s honored in other combos.

[name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] were back-up options, but I’m not sure I like them as much as [name_u]Lou[/name_u] and [name_f]Joy[/name_f] here…

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Rosaleigh[/name_f] came to mind first, with [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]-rose as a nn.
If I were to go with a J middle it wouldn’t be [name_f]Joy[/name_f], but [name_u]Joyce[/name_u]. I knew a wonderful woman named [name_u]Joyce[/name_u], the sweetest person you’d ever meet. [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] would be adorable!!!

[name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]! [name_f]Joy[/name_f] does not seem filter, its just perfect! Hands down beautiful. This is one of my favorites from your names. Stunning

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] is beautiful as is! I wouldn’t add another name.

Thanks, ladies!

[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] - thanks for your suggestions. I’m pretty much down to these two, though. While [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is pretty, I’m not fond of any other spelling, and I’m not a huge [name_f]Rose[/name_f] fan in general. Plus, [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] doesn’t hold the same ties to my sister at all, so it would be [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], or something else entirely.

[name_f]Wren[/name_f] - I’m glad you like it! I’ve been in a [name_u]Lou[/name_u] phase lately–I had [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] on my list, too, before I opted to change it. Something about [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] just seems so sweet and happy, though. I feel like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is adorable, but I feel like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] feels more put together (and it honors my sister! I feel so bad; I’ve honored my dad and brother nearly 15 times, but [name_u]Tallie[/name_u] only about 3 times. :().

@doctorjones - Thank you! I’m glad you like it. I’m very smitten with it, as well. :slight_smile: However, I’ve got quite a case of OCD and every other name on my list has (or will have) two middles, and I’m very much in love with the concept, so as easy as [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] would be, I won’t just stick to that…

Any other opinions welcome!

I adore [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f], and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f].

They’re both utterly gorgeous! [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is pure happiness, skipping and hiding in the poppy fields. [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is cuter, it’s so flipping adorable I just want to squeeze her little cheeks. Oh, I don’t know. I think [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] looks more grown up. But I don’t think that matters. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are amazing, honestly. I’d love to be either.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]! Oh it’s beautiful and fun. I really like the [name_u]Lou[/name_u]!

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] would be more up my own alley, but if you want something that sounds quite grounded, [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is a better choice. I really like [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] for a second middle, as you mentioned you were considering before!

I prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]. [name_u]Lou[/name_u] doesn’t do anything for me in this combo. I love the look of [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], as well as the image it evokes of pure happy. [name_f]Love[/name_f] it.

I prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are incredibly endearing with delightful rhythms, but I think I like [name_u]Lou[/name_u] better because both [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Joy[/name_f] are word names–a little bit of an overload, in my opinion. But I understand that [name_f]Joy[/name_f] has significance to you, and it definitely works as well! I also love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f], though I could be biased since [name_f]Kate[/name_f]'s my name :slight_smile:

[name_u]Lou[/name_u] is adorable.

I prefer [name_f]Joy[/name_f], but [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is sweet too.

I vote for [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], and while I don’t love [name_f]Joy[/name_f], I’ve never been a big fan of [name_u]Lou[/name_u], although it is growing on me.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] gets my vote just because I love [name_u]Lou[/name_u]; both options are stunningly beautiful and I would like either of them to be my name.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] is a beautiful name, I love it! As for the second middle, I thin [name_f]Joy[/name_f] fits in better with the first two names, so [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] gets my vote. Either way, though, your daughter will have a beautiful name. :slight_smile:

Thanks, ladies!

I find myself (surprisingly!) leaning toward [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], maybe! I went into this post expecting that [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] would be it, but now I’m not so sure. I love the utter sweetness and happiness of [name_f]Joy[/name_f] with [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]. My only issue (with both of them) is that [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is a very “pretty in pink” sort of name. It gives off a sweet, pretty light pink for me, but I feel like [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] (or [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]) almost takes away from that–and I’d like it to be a “pretty in pink” sort of combo. But I really have no desire to use [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Kate[/name_f] again (I don’t really even like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] with [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]), and those are the names that do bring back a bit of that pink-ness, if that makes any sense?

[name_m]Just[/name_m] out of curiosity–those of you who do see colors or imagery, what sort of colors/imagery do you see with [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]? And [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]?

Any other comments welcome!

Thanks, ladies!

I like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] alot.
I love the names [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_u]Lou[/name_u] so this one gets my vote.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] has a great mix of elegance and quirkiness. I wouldn’t change a thing! :slight_smile: