Emmeline v Emmelina

Does Emmelina work? [name_m]Can[/name_m] you just add -lina to the end of already romantic sounding name to make it more unique or does it just sound made up to you.

What’s your preference [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] or Emmelina?
Anyone got any other examples of where this would work?

For some reason my mind is taking me to Thumbelina.

1 Like

Emmelina could totally work, but for me personally it’s a bit too frilly so i do prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]

1 Like

I like Emmelina, surprised if it’s not already a name. It flows even better than [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]. That said, I pronounce it Em-me-lee-na and not Em-me-lie-na. The second pronunciation wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

Definitely Emmeline,I’m not a big fan of Emmelina

@chase241 Didn’t even even consider that there would be two pronunciations. I went straight to the first pronunciations.

Me too, didn’t even consider the Em-me-lie-na, went straight to Em-me-lee-na. I think Emmelina is super pretty, and I’m surprised that’s not already a name. It’s definitely more frilly, but not more frilly than [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] or [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] to [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] or [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] to [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] (Adelina and [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] with the -lee-na pronunciations that Emmelina shares).

I wouldn’t blink twice on meeting an Emmelina, I would just think how pretty the name is and how unique.

But that’s not to say I don’t like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], and I’m not sure which I prefer right now.

2 Likes

Emmelina totally works. It’s a Latinised version of an already existing name, which isn’t too odd to see. [name_f]My[/name_f] first instinct is to pronounce it Em-me-lee-na.

1 Like

Not a big fan of the name [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] but I really like Emmelina :heartbeat: Sounds very feminine and romantic!

1 Like

I think Emmelina works, but I much prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] myself. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Usually I prefer the stronger punchier versions … [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] over [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] over [name_f]Rosalinda[/name_f], etc) so I much prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], especially given its connection to the women’s suffrage movement leader

I think you can still use all [name_f]Lina[/name_f] as a nickname to [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

1 Like

Emmelina doesn’t sound odd to me, since Latinised -a names are fairly common.

I personally prefer Emmeline’s simplicity, but Emmelina could grow on me.

[name_f]Emmalina[/name_f] works, but I prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

I could work, but I love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]

Both names are lovely, but I prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

Emmelina is lovely though i do prefer [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Emmalina[/name_f] totally works!! It’s pretty and it flows really nicely!! I don’t get Thumbalina vibes at all!! You’re good to go for this name!