Emmett, Silas, Freddie, Charlie

I need help convincing my husband of [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Frederick[/name] (nn [name]Freddie[/name]) or [name]Charles[/name] (nn [name]Charlie[/name]).

Hubby is a musician/artist/clash-listening type. While he has not come up with any suggestions on his own, he has conveniently found a reason to dislike every name I suggest. He thinks [name]Emmett[/name] sounds too much like a football player or a cowboy. [name]Frederick[/name] sounds too dorky to him. Same with [name]Charlie[/name]. And [name]Silas[/name] is a “no way” because it’s a character on a popular TV show (Weeds) which he thinks makes it not original enough. (?)

Nevertheless, I haven’t given up on these names because it’s rare that I find boys names that I like, and now that I’m pregnant I’m not giving up without a fight! But I need ammo…Any positive associations/images/arguments for these names that I could use to convince him?

Or other names with the same feel that he might like more?

P.S. If it’s a girl, she will most likely be [name]Willa[/name]. Which he initially shot down, but now loves. Hehe.

I too like the name [name]Willa[/name] for a girl. Instead of trying to railroad him with your picks, I’d suggest he does his own search. It’ll be a great way to get your husband in the naming process and overall become more involved.

You may suggest to your husband that he can look up the classic names list on nameberry. [name]Frederick[/name]/[name]Freddie[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] are very classic. He can jot a few down that he likes and bounce of each other ideas.

I’d do the same thing with [name]Emmett[/name]. If you have the book Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name] from the creators of nameberry, there’s a whole list of last names as first names. He can browse for a few that he likes and you can see how he thinks.

Oh believe me, I have suggested he do his own search, but the man is diff-i-cult I tell ya! We have gone through the top 1000 boy names on the Social Security site, and read NUMEROUS NB lists, with no luck. And while I definitely don’t want to “railroad” him, at some point I think there’s going to be a need for some “selling”. Thing is, I’m not a great saleswoman. Maybe that’s because I don’t really love any of these names myself? Hmmm…I think I was actually hoping you guys could sell these names to me. I like them, but I want to love them!

Last night I finally got him to suggest a couple. He came up with [name]Falcon[/name] and [name]Canyon[/name]. So now I see the problem. We are on two totally different pages. The only solution I see is combining a classic first name with a, um not so classic middle name. And actually, I kind of like that idea. Now if only I could get him on board…

[name]Freddie[/name] [name]Falcon[/name], anyone? :wink: