Emmett?

Thoughts on this name?

I never gave it much thought but now I’m obsessing over it and want to know what everyone thinks! Thanks!

1 Like

It’s not one I’d pick myself, but I think it’s a nice name. It makes me think of the Hebrew word [name_m]Emet[/name_m] which means ‘truth’, but I think it’s closer to the name [name_f]Emma[/name_f] meaning ‘universal’. Either way, it’s a cool name.
It is also a little tied to twilight, but to kids being born now I don’t think that will matter.

I love [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. There’s something gentle and poetic about it

I know it’s really weird, but I think it would sound nice as a girl’s name. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], only as a double name though. For a boy I like [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] or [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m].

To me [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] is a much preferred alternative to the name [name_u]Beckett[/name_u], I imagine it for mother’s who prefer softer names, a good choice indeed!

I’m pretty neutral on it.

I like it pronounced as it is in Hebrew but in the US the pronunciation isn’t as appealing.

I like it a lot! I love how soft but masculine it sounds! Also nice alternative to an [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] & [name_u]Everett[/name_u] if one is in your family but you still like those types of names!

I love [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]! It’s strong and gentle at the same time.