Emmy or Ellie?

Which do you prefer and more interestingly WHY? :slight_smile:

…bumb.

I prefer [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is super popular as a nn for all el names.

I prefer [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] as my sister is called [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and she gets called [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] quite a lot. I think it is less common that [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] (I know far more [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]'s than [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]'s).

I prefer [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] feels like it could age much better. [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] could fit a little girl, but I just couldn’t see it growing with her well. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is beautiful, classic, and balances soft and strong within just 5 letters.

Thanks! Any others?

Although both names are darling, I’m leaning toward [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] these days. I agree with one of the other pp’s that [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is a name for any and all [name_f]Ell[/name_f]-/[name_f]El[/name_f]- names while [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is not as common and can stand alone. I wouldn’t necessarily assume [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is a nickname, while I can’t say the same about [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. Again, I do really enjoy both names.

I love the name [name_f]Emma[/name_f] for a girl but it is on my GP list because of the popularity.

I like both, but only as nns.
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] could work for [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Gabriell[/name_f]/a, etc.
[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] could work for [name_f]Emily[/name_f], [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f], etc.

Both have appeal.

Thanks for your imputs :slight_smile:

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]!! I love [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], just because it sounds super cute <3