Emmy or Emmie?

Which of these spellings would you choose for a full name? [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] or [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]?

Of those 2, I would choose [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]! But my favorite as a full name is [name_f]Emme[/name_f].

4 Likes

I teach and had a student named [name_f]Emmi[/name_f]. That was her first name, no nickname. They are all cute; you might see which looks better written with your middle and last name. :heartpulse:

1 Like

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] by a good margin. I think the y makes sense to me here as [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is far more common than [name_f]Emilie[/name_f], so I’ve started associating the y with the [name_f]Em[/name_f] syllable. I know that [name_f]Emme[/name_f] is pronounced the same, but I keep on thinking that it follows the rules that [name_f]Elle[/name_f] does.

1 Like

I like the look of [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]! But both seem equally good, not major difference in feeling between the spellings.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite spelling is [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], I just like the way it looks better. [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] can stand on her own but if I had to choose a longer name, I would go with [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] - sweet and warm

1 Like

probably [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] for sure

1 Like

I like [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] more

1 Like

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] by far

I do also like [name_f]Emme[/name_f] but [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] > [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Emmie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f], or maybe [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. Emmie’s fine, I just like the simplicity of [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] or [name_f]Emme[/name_f] more. [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is my favorite though.

1 Like