Emory... for a girl?

We already have an [name]Olivia[/name] but are thinking about naming our new baby girl [name]Emory[/name]. I know this is supposed to be a male name but we see it more as a female name. [name]Do[/name] you think it works as a girl name? If so, what middle names would you recommend?

[name]Emory[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Emory[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Emory[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Emory[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]

These are all family names, but we are not opposed to names outside the family.

I think it works fine - though the spelling with an “e” might be slightly more feminine, as “[name]Emery[/name].” [name]Love[/name] all your middle name pairings.

I’d definitely go with the “e” spelling, too, and of your choices, I like [name]Emery[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Emery[/name] [name]Katherine[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you all for the suggestion of the E. That does make it more feminine. [name]Emery[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is my favorite too. BUT, what do you think about the name in general?? Thanks!

I really like it! I wanted it on our short list, but my husband said “like an emory board?” and then quickly dismissed it. I was sad…its cute! Also, I went to college with a girl named [name]Emery[/name] and she made the name great. She was a wonderful person :slight_smile:

I like [name]Emery[/name]! I think it’s cute and feminine and not popular (a big plus in my book!). :slight_smile:

The spelling with an “e” makes the name cuter.
I love [name]Emery[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] because it is sophiscated and classy not to mention beautiful.

I love it! I know a little girl named [name]Emmerson[/name], which is close to [name]Emery[/name], but [name]Emery[/name] sounds so much more feminine to me! I also think it sounds lovely with [name]Olivia[/name]!

I knew a little girl named [name]Emerson[/name]! I loved it and I love [name]Emery[/name]! So pretty!

My 6 month old daughter is [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! :slight_smile: So I love the name!

i know a 6 mo old named [name]Emery[/name] june. Its a super cute name! best paired w a girly middle name.